Men's Own Shaving and Cleansing Foam

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by urrlord, Feb 25, 2019.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I came across this product at TJ Maxx last week for the princely sum of $4. The tube is rather nice, white with red and blue barber pole stripes top and bottom.150ml/5.07 ozwith a flat flip top so you can stand it up.The cream is white and rather hard to force from the tube,rather stiff.It comes out in a thin line.

Directions are wet face and hands,apply product to hand and rub to create lather.For shaving-Apply to beard area and shave as normal.For cleansing- massage over face and neck .Rinse.

Rather unique directions.My first use I followed these directions and got a nice shave with no irritation.My next use was with a brush and mug.A thin line about an inch long gave me a mug of fairly thick foam,enough for 2 passes and still had half a mug of foam.My third use -I looked at the residue of foam in the mug and thought why not?I dripped some hot water in the mug and hit it with the brush and got another mug of lather and did 2 passes.Impressive.Not much scent.

I searched the web and found absolutely no info on the is stuff.According to the tube it is made in Korea and distributed by Swissco in the USA and UK.The ingredients include 5 herbal extracts,myristic acid,stearic acid,lauric acid,glycerin,potassium hydroxide etc.

My shaves were with a DE razor and a Shavette,neither had fresh blades in them.

My advice is grab some when you see it.It may have limited availability.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  2. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I mixed some of this with the wonderful smelling but horrible performing Pecksniff's cream and got good results.