Menth Head Sacrilege

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by NoahG, May 27, 2011.

1. NoahG

NoahG Member

I have a confession to make... I love Menthol, but I can't stand the smell of the Osage Rub.:( Of course, Between my home made Menth Juice and the delectable M-Bomb, Most of my AS has been doctored up to be cold enough to bring tears to your eyes!:freezing:D:freezing

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Can't say I like the Rub either, too many fumes. I'll finish the bottle I have but won't be replacing it.

3. NoahG

NoahG Member

I can't even say I'll finish the bottle don't like the Masters astringent much either, surprisingly, most of my buy on impulse on reputation alone AS's aren't bad.

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Think I'll give the Alcolado Glacial a try and see how that goes.

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

I've been thinking about the Alcolado Glacial and the Limacol ss well. Why can't the interwebs be scratch and sniff?!?

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Kinda glad that the web ain't scratch & sniff :shocked003

I don't care for the smell of Osage Rub either, but it dissipates so quickly....I normally just put it on and immediately chase it with my AS du jour. Works out well and no Rub stink.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I don't mind the smell. Actually kinda like it. Bob's right on, though; the scent does fade pretty quick. I always follow it up with a cologne or other scented aftershave and haven't noticed any clash in scents. And believe me, my wife will be the first to tell me if she doesn't like the way I smell!

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Has anyone else been foolish enough to drop several menthol crystals into Osage Rub? Or is it just me? :ashamed001 It's quite an experience used as a rubdown after showering after summer yardwork when it's 90 out, I'll tell you that. It's...transcendent. Or maybe it's just shock.

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well if someone wants to pitch their OR, I would take it off of their hands. :D

Too bad it costs more to ship the stuff then the cost of a bottle.