Menthol for ladies?

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by mommy2princesses, Mar 21, 2011.

1. So being new here I have been looking to see what types of cream the ladies use. I see that today is menthol Monday and I see that a lot of the guys like to use menthol. My question is do the ladies use menthol? I am a little hesitant to try it and was wondering what the other ladies would suggest.

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I've seen most, if not all the ladies here post positively about menthol. I also find head shaving to match closer in terms of products to what the ladies enjoy than what I like on my face and menthol is good everywhere.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Menthol! :happy108

Yes, menthol is definitely a part of my rotation.

4. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

My wife loves mint/menthol anything!...:happy102

ST

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Just a heads up you might not like it. Just like everything else YMMV. You might love menthol, I do. Or you might just not enjoy it. Best way to find out is to try. And you might not like it in the cream but might like it in the lotion after. Try it in many different places.

6. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I love menthol. :love029

I haven't used it much this winter but once it starts warming up, I will use it more often. I will say though, the first time I used it on my underarms .. it was a unique feeling. :D

7. Thanks for all the input. I just didn't know what to expect and was worried that it would burn. I guess I am just going to have to put on my big girl panties and try it!! Well as soon as I figure out which of my hubby's cream is menthol.

As soon as I try it I will post to share how the experience went.

8. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

As many things in wetshaving, the only way to figure out if you like menthol or not is to try it :). Before trying it on 'sensitive' places, try some, let's say on your leg and see you you like it. There is an interesting choice also - TSD Menthol Bomb. You can menthlize anything you want from desodorant to shampoo, cream, lotion...

9. Asd....thank you for the help. I was thinking about getting TSD Menthol Bomb. Hubby and I figured if we got that then we could "share" and each of us could adjust the level of menthol in our shaves. I hear that more menthol during the warm summer months is quite refreshing.

Guess we are going to be placing an order with JoAnna soon. :happy023

10. ok call me selfish :o though I tell SWMBO that menthol burns like crazy. So now she'll only hijack the KMF.:happy108

11. Okay, so it took me some time to work up the courage to try the menthol. I finally used it for my shave tonight.

"Shh".... I used my hubby's Poraso pre-shave and his CO Biglow shave cream with my Merkur 23C and Rapira blade. I have to admit the menthol does have quite the cooling effect on my skin. I can see how it would be great in the warm summer months. I think this might make it's way into my rotation soon. I also think we will be ordering the M bomb to add to my existing creams.

Thanks to everyone for ALL your excellent advice. :signs001

12. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Perfect. I am not sure but legs might need more menthol. With the M Bomb you can make it as cooling as you like it. I got menthol crystals and LOVE my face freezing off.