Menthol Kick???

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Ryan Reilly, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ryan Reilly

Ryan Reilly Active Member

Either way, my do both, lol, but thanks for the info. I may just buy all of them to find out for myself..... Brookville here we come.

2. Ryan Reilly

I have been applying proraso pre/post after every shave mixed with whaterever AS I decide to go with that day, such mix them both in my hand then apply, for example Proraso and EJ Aloe AS, very nice combo, or Proraso and the White Proraso AS, just that little bit tends to be enough but the coldness doesnt last long. Now if I have a bad shave I put the proraso straight on my face before AS and use a lot of it, seems to calm even the most irrated skin, but still the coldness doesnt last long.

3. Ryan Reilly

I do it with my face still wet from the cold rinse and alum block rub. Seems to help even it out.

4. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

I can't speak for M-Bomb yet I ordered it last week,but 444 doesn't add a scent.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

For me if I use too much it seems to mask the scent to a degree, not change it. I really think what is happening is that the menthol fumes are playing havoc with the olfactory sensors in the nose, thus interfering with the full scent of the soap.

6. Ryan Reilly

I read somewhere that Osage Rub is an Astringent, is that true, and if so can it act somewhat like a witch hazel or take the place of it?