Merkur Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Lucy7, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Lucy7

Lucy7 New Member

Does anyone know what the merkur brush that comes with the sets is comparable to? Or, if it's even manufactured by one of the bigger brush companies?:confused:

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The Merkur brush is made by Dovo, and while I haven't used one, I haven't heard anything bad about it.

3. Lucy7

Lucy7 New Member

From what I can tell it aint bad. Of course it's the only brush I've had except for the drugstore boar bristle.

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Is it packed pretty well? Or not so much.....and more on the soft/floppy side?

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have the Futur Set and the Futur Brush is a very nice SilverTip - Its a tad more floppy than my Muehles..

I give it 4 cool faces out of 5..

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

6. Sledge

Sledge New Member

ive heard its floppy, and ive also heard the knot isnt tied by hand, but rather just glued into the handle... not to say its a bad brush, but there are plenty better out there for the money...

and consider this, if you are looking at buying a futur/vision set from merker? dont do it... the bowl isnt worth a damn even for melting soap down and loading the brush in it, and the stand only fits the merkur brush which is really not all that great of a brush.... the stand is also rediculously expensive on its own, which means its a good hike in the total price of the set... you can get a brush and razor stand either together or separately for far cheaper, or the same price, and it will hold any brush... i paid about $25 for my brush stand, and about $25 for a razor stand that (for me) holds 2 razors... my futur, and my 38c... you can get a nice vulfix for under $60 and it will be a far better brush than the merkur, in craftmanship at least...

7. Sledge

Sledge New Member

also, if you DO absolutely have to have the razor and brush set... get the one without the dish... its useless...