Merkur collectors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rodd, Jun 12, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I just took a picture of my Merkurs, and thought I would ask if we have any other Merkur collectors? I am now kind of a DE collector, so these are finding their way in with my Gillettes. I am more interested in the vintage Merkurs, but I have a long handled classic and a classic also.
    Please post your collections if you have them!

[​IMG]

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Ummm...ya, sure, I have been known to collect a few of these. :D I haven't put all the pics together though. One of my to do projects.

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice collection Rodd!

I only have a Slant and a 38C, I really like them both though.

4. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have some yes.. 15 last I checked.. And I have my eyes set on the new color ones.. Nice..

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Great show Rodd! I only have a couple but do enjoy using them!

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very nice! I've had a few but of these only the golden Progress remained and is collecting dust as I only shave with straights anymore...

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I have one. An HD. I started with it and used nothing but it for a year but now I'm back to useing it and Irridium Super blades and my shaves have never been better!

8. ColbyPants

ColbyPants New Member

I have a 34 C and an 11C, variations on a theme I know but I like them both. Maybe someday I will get a slant to finish the trifecta!

9. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Very interesting!!! I returned to wetshaving about 3 years ago and had never heard of Merkur razors until then. I bought up several vintage Gillettes but never could warm up to them so I bought a Merkur HD and haven't so much as looked back at my little vintage collection. Matter of fact I'm planning on selling and or trading most of them for Merkurs that I don't have yet.

As of right now my little Merkur collection consists of:
    HD
    Classic
    Classic Long Handle
    Slant
    Slant Gold

I'm looking to add more as my shaving slush fund allows. If only they came in boxes of cereal! :D

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Maybe you haven't seen the price of cereal lately... :rolleyes: Still gotta love the Gillettes, just one more thing to enjoy!

11. wtruitt

wtruitt New Member

I LOVE that travel Merkur.. can you point me to where I can pick one up (AFTER I have you make me a brush :) ))))

Wayne

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Well, the travel merkur in the lined metal case is no longer produced, that is a vintage razor, (although you could never tell by looking) but they do come up on ebay regularly, and you can catch a good deal on them. Otherwise Lee's Razors has the new version, which has an identical razor, but a vinyl pouch. You can't see it well in this picture, but there is a smaller piece stored inside the handle piece you see, you screw the two pieces together, and you have a full length handle. I like it much more than the travel techs!

13. spedbp

spedbp New Member

Rodd,
    I have wondered how does the travel razor compair to say the classic in use?

Robert

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

nice collection!

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Robert, The head is identical. They have it in open and closed comb. The handle is hollow at the end, so the balance is a little different, but I think it shaves great.

Thanks for the complements on the collection, but it is just a beginning. Please post pics of yours!

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

This one just arrived, I will have to do some cleaning, but wanted to share. Where are everyone's pictures?!
    [​IMG]