Mild razor choice

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Williams Warrior, Jun 18, 2010.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

You just can't go wrong with a Krona. It remains one of my favorite shavers!

2. DonR

DonR Active Member

A Tech or Krona are hard to beat. Been shaving all week with a Krona, it's been my first go at a Krona,and I'm impressed. I use my ball end Tech to check out new blades, as it gives me a good feel for overall performance. My go to razor is an EJ DE89L

3. sehrgut

sehrgut New Member

My everyday shave is a Tech, and it's luvverly. I spent who knows how much on quite a variety of razors when I started really shaving, and the $3 Tech is so favourite I bought a second for my travel bag and a third just in case I lose one! *grin*

4. cutter

cutter New Member

Ming Shi is a fairly mild razor and its tto

5. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Is there a mild shave difference between the Feather Popular and the Feather Travel razor? Doesn't the Popular have a plastic handle and the Travel is all metal.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear how the SS goes, I've bought 3 of the notched 40's style myself now.

7. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Schick Krona is one of the best mild Razor. it has very good balance and im sure that you will be happy with sharp blades.
    Best.

8. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

The Knack or the Twist Gillettes from the 60's are light, tto, and long handle razors that give a mild shave IMHO.

9. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Well the 48-50 and black handle are awesome, they've worked liked I hoped they would. This week will be Long handled Lord tech followed by the flair tip.

10. r0b

r0b New Member

I have just entered this world and went for the Feather Popular - couldn't have had a better start. No nicks or cuts [Trig, Feather and 7 o'clock Yellows blades].

Cost me £12 [$17?] off Ebay. I like the twist to open action [but just ordered a Feather Travel and a Edwin Jagger 89L to try as well which are not TTO].

11. stingraysrock

The EJ and FP are great shavers, I cannot imagine that you will be disappointed.

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I recently acquired a Gillette Tech which appears to be slightly milder than my Super Speed.

For the best of both world though, I would recommend a Gillette Slim. Since it is adjustable you can go from mild to aggressive as your tastes change. The Slim and my adjustable Injector are my favorite razors.

The EJ DE86bl is also a fairly mild razor and is beautiful as well.

13. Williams Warrior

The slim is on my I wanna list for sure, even though I've never used anything adjustable.

14. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

W W

I've got one going spare. It cost me next to nothing so you can have it for the price of postage.

PM if you're interested

Best Regards

goshawk

15. stingraysrock

Alright 'Hawk! Woo-hoo! Whatta guy!

Keith - You are in for a treat pal!

16. Williams Warrior

Yeah looking forward to it. Got to send Poppi his money this week for the extra Krona he sent me 2 weeks ago. Never thought I'd accumulate this many razors.

17. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

I just got started. I have a '66 Gillette Ball End Tech.