Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

B74CB501-8F5F-4E96-887C-5F8CFD14B69C.jpeg 4CC18C9C-AADE-4B53-8F62-FF3D34ED184B.jpeg 39A0B83A-438C-4992-85B1-12BDFAF551A4.jpeg 15E36ED1-795E-4F13-BF12-24545261E25D.jpeg 21B4D3F1-509A-4B72-A95F-7201D4C065DD.jpeg

I have recently been enjoying mild shavers and I thought there might be others that enjoy mild shavers.

Post your mild shaves and discuss all things mild shave related here.

I’m hoping this can be a mild shaver thread!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. chrisgeeo

chrisgeeo Well-Known Member

Nice layout MR41! How's that brush working? Such nice looking brushes I couldn't resist ordering one from them. How l9ng did it take to get it in? Ordered mine on the 25th and got a tracking # on the 28th. Still hasn't been picked up according to usps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MR41 likes this.
  3. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

I have been using my Aristocrat lately but I suspect it isn't considered to be a "mild" shaver. The Gillette New I have is definitely not mild but some people describe it as mid aggressive - to me, if I'm not real careful it eats my lunch. Sooo, what razors are considered to be "mild"? I think I need to have one!

4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I would consider Gillette’s Ball End Tech and Schick’s Krona to both be mild.

Even though it’s mild, the Krona is very effective for me.

preidy likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I have different Super Speeds/Flair Tips, Techs and a Krona. While considered mild razors, they do provide me with BBS shaves.

MacDaDad, Enrico and MR41 like this.
  6. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I've shaved with Weishi 9306L, 40's SS, Flare tip SS, learned and used a black handled SS for 20+ years, currently using an Aristocrat, used a Krona, and a few others at random. I'm enjoying the Aristocrat, but most of the others have been easy to use, and give good shaves. The Krona, maybe a bit less than the SS's. Might be my hands more than the razors, because plenty of people like the Krona.

The Senator is also a mild razor (one of the first TTO's), and I like to use it when the beard is too long - the comb helps reduce clogging.

However, for modern razors, I'd say that the Weishi 9306 and the Baili TTO are both good performers, while being SuperSpeed mild. Nanje, less so :)

7. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Wow, I've never heard of the Senator being called a "mild" shaver. My Sheraton might be the most aggressive TTO...Is the most aggressive TTO I have, not counting my adjustables. But then again, I "read" the blade more than the cap or the comb.

Yehuda D, Bird Lives and MR41 like this.
  8. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Interesting. Maybe it's just mine. I do ride the cap, and it has enough wear to sometimes feel 'sticky' on the brassed portion. Otherwise, it feels extremely close to my late 40's Aristocrat. Tonight's a shave night, maybe I'll dig it out and use it tonight instead of the Aristocrat.

Bird Lives and Rev579 like this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

It's subjective, but regular superspeeds, blue tip superspeeds, 40's superspeeds, Weshi 9306, Wilkinson Sword classic, Popular, to name a few ; there are probably many others. And many people would put red tips in this category ( I would.)I've seen an aggressiveness chart on another forum ; ranked by blade gap. Probably most twist to opens. I hope this clarifies it somewhat.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Yehuda D likes this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

You really won't find anything but mild razors produced in the US from the mid fifties or so until recently, and that includes Schick and ASR. Even Gillette adjustables tempered wider blade gaps with minimum exposure.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, Rev579 and MR41 like this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

That’s probably an even better way to explain what I mean by mild shavers.

Yehuda D and jmudrick like this.
  12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I forgot to put techs in the thread title.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Yehuda D likes this.
  13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’ve been getting great daily shaves from superspeeds.

Yehuda D and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I hear ya, I have gotten some of the best shaves from a Weishi 9307. I was surprised.

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’m loving the brush. It took about 3 weeks plus to get mine.

Yehuda D and chrisgeeo like this.
  16. chrisgeeo

chrisgeeo Well-Known Member

Right on thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and MR41 like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've only had one Tech that was VERY aggressive and it was an Argentinean Tech.

As for the Senator I had; I found it mild and no better than a Tech, so sold the Senator.

Yehuda D and MR41 like this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Here’s something crazy- I think, at least initially, I prefer my Weishi to the 40’s superspeed I just got. I’m sure I need to learn the angle better, but the Weishi is supposed to be the same head geometry.

Yehuda D likes this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Have you tried a Flare? I like them better than the 40's SS.

Yehuda D and John Beeman like this.
  20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I haven’t in a while, but I have a red tip on the way. What about the flair tip do you like better?

Yehuda D likes this.