Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

2. brit

brit in a box

awesome smoooth shave... ooo.jpg

MacDaDad, AGHisBBS, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  3. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  5. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Decided to break out the birth year superspeed, i never had a decent shave with a superspeed I always considered it to mild, but after spending so much time with the tech i can now get a perfect shave with it. Since moving to mild razors i have been getting perfect shaves, im so happy that bbs shaves no longer comes with irritation.

MR41 and Edison Carter like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I moved to mild shavers for smoothness and because I’m having to shave 16- 18 hours apart. My break through with superspeeds and the like was shavettes- after learning them, maintaining the right angle and pressure for bbs is a breeze. The aggressive shavers were irritating me day to day, because I need and want to shave so close.

Edison Carter likes this.
  7. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Its crazy, i have thick beard growth, and I always thought i needed an aggressive razor, but i learned a few things recently. Mild shavers are just as effective, you just need to learn the angle and try not to use pressure. Also i have oily skin, so much so the few times I tried to grow a beard i looked like a greasy mess, this causes a second issue, oil keeps out the water that does not allow the water to soften my beard, this was solved by a decent beard wash. I think the last razor i want is a super adjustable, but have yet to get a working one lol, i have been trying to trade away my r41, first for some vintage williams, then another buddy offered me a super adjustable for my r41 and 38hd but when he showed it to me it didnt work, along with the 2 i bought of of ebay.

8. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Nice you found the truth! I fully agree with this.

9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Have you tried posting a want to trade(WTT) in the classifieds thread here; I’ve had a lot of success with that. I traded my r41 for a red tip. The super adjustable- I finally just came off the money a little bit to get a nice one( minty), I paid about $33 shipped off eBay. I’m glad I did, I think you’ll enjoy it when you get one. 3 is the perfect face setting for me and 7 is great for shaving my head.

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

11. brit

brit in a box

yes .a 1948-50 u.s. aristocrat.

MR41 likes this.
  12. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I never thought about using wtt for it, i always assumed r41s and 38hds were so common no one would bite for a super adjustable but i will give it a shot when i get home.

13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I bought a Parker copy(87r I believe) off eBay, but when I got the safety bar was bent so bad it wasn’t usable. I’ve heard aristocrats are great.

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

they are nice shavers.the parker is a copy of the british aristocrat razor. they are heavier than the u.s. models and are rhodium plated instead of gold.i like them all..

15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

16. brit

brit in a box

just gave my superspeeds away to my friend. thinning out the herd. keeping the rockets,aristocrats,early techs and new rfb and hybrid.

Edison Carter likes this.
  17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

IDK, I really like the 40’s superspeeds right now, but I go through phases. :) My favorites right now are -Monotech, Wilkinson sticky , 40’s superspeed, Blue Tip superspeed and a schick model 247.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

What’s the rfb and hybrid?

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

the rfb is a british version of the gillette new long comb and the hybrid is the solid bar version. raised flat bottom on the left. 20180519_230813.jpg

AGHisBBS, MR41 and Edison Carter like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

i go through phases as well ,and can never decide which are my best shave/favorites.

MR41 likes this.