Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brit

brit in a box

m-4 birthyear and quarter black handle ss.
    awesome shaver .nacet blade.easy daily driver... 20180606_221504.jpg

2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Can't vote on the survey, as I've never used a GRT, but No looks impressive out of the gate.

MR41 likes this.
  4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I had another great shave with the Weishi. Today, I paired it with a Feather and it was an easy, 3-pass BBS.
    After 3 shaves the Ying Jili blade was starting to lose its sharpness. It's weird that it didn't really get tuggy, it just wasn't cutting and I found myself using pressure to make it cut. I probably could have stretched it to 6 shaves but at 10 cents a blade, I figured why bother?

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and MR41 like this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the shaves I get from my Weishi(9306). I wonder why so many give it such a bad wrap. I’ve heard it supposed that it’s modeled after a Gillette Aristocrat. ( I don’t know if f that’s true.)

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’m in the Yes camp myself.

Edison Carter likes this.
  7. Badgerstate

My understanding is that it was modeled after the Gillette Super Speed.
    I think some don't like it because it's mild and because it's made in China.

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

10. Badgerstate

Well, after about a week of messing around with my Parker SRB, I decided to give it a whirl with my Weishi again. It reminded me what an easy, comfortable and close shave that thing gives.
    I loaded it up with a Shaverboy blade and even though the Shaverboy isnt the sharpest blade in the world, I still got an easy, 3-pass BBS shave from it.

Primotenore, Linuxguile and MR41 like this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

FA510DC1-8491-416F-A31D-FB6BCAE32534.jpeg 8CEFD7BE-7FBE-41C3-A668-F203048FF822.jpeg 0903248E-CD7F-4FD5-94CA-0CCBB804BE9D.jpeg 018B35E0-ADD6-4A7D-A5B8-FD196E344F76.jpeg
    Weishi & Baili razors with Stirling glacial soaps. I am loving these 9306 Weishis and the Baili reminds me of a red tip.

Primotenore, brit and Linuxguile like this.
  12. I feel like a slacker with all the kit you guys have. I thought I was doing well just having bought 100 blades (until I read the thread where they all have 1000+).

I'm always looking for alternative daily driver; using my r41 mostly. I was looking at Weishi's on Amazon, which do you recommend; 9306; 9306c or nostalgic? How do these compare to an r89, my only mild razor?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

13. Badgerstate

I just ordered a few from Amazon and I will be interested to see how they compare to the Weishis. I'd been kicking the idea around for a while and finally decided to just pull the trigger on it. They're so cheap, I figured, "why not?"

14. Badgerstate

Theyre a little milder than the DE89, not much though. You just need to shave at a shallower angle and ride the cap.
    The differences between the models is mostly handle length and finish. They all have the same head, which is very similar to a Gillette Super Speed.

15. Badgerstate

I hear you on blades, btw. I've got over 1300 right now. Just the other day, I got a box of 1000 Cloud blades from China, to go with my stash of 100 Feathers, 100 Dorco ST301s, 100 Dorco Primes and an assortment of other obscure, Chinese blades (Baili and Shaverboy).
    I figured that I've got about 25 years worth of blades...

16. Saw this advertising the Baili and had to laugh, aren't all razors supposed to do this? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

brit, CarlfromMO and MR41 like this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

No only this one enhances skin tone.

brit, AGHisBBS and Simon Smailus like this.
  18. Badgerstate

Yeah...thats weird. Different skin tone, different eye color, different eye shape. Weird.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I like more mine. The silo doors are a little light, but it’s well built. I saw a review on them from Maggard’s and they recommended them so I figured why not.

20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

An R 41 is a fine razor. I used to love mine. I got off into this mild razor kick because they were kind of the last frontier for me and I have really enjoyed them. If you wanna try a Weishi, the 9306 is the best built in my opinion. The different models within the 9306 are just different finishes. Compared to an r 89... it’s really a different thing. The 89 is another fine razor. It is really in a class above the Weishi. Using a Weishi is just a different experience. It is great for the $ but probably will pail in comparison to an r89.
    As far as having a lot of stuff it’s really about what you enjoy. Some guys have one setup they love and they stick with it. I like trying different stuff so I buy more than I really need.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    brit, Primotenore and AGHisBBS like this.