Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Yes it is. There is gloss and matte. This one is gloss. I was skeptical about trying a synthetic, but it is a great brush.

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i have the aluminum /clearcote one.love it.

MR41 likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

brit and MR41 like this.
  4. Sharp_Obsession

Sharp_Obsession New Member

I enjoy my milds, my Superspeeds and my WCS El Capitan. But the Feather AS-D2 is just too mild and boring for me.

MacDaDad, MR41 and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That's why I sold my EJ89 ... a nice razor, just a little too mild.:)

MacDaDad and MR41 like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

11. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

12. MacDaDad

13. MacDaDad

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Once in a while we get harmony with old and new technologies by unwittingly it seems, I had this Razorock Tech 2 razor head(metric thread 5 X.8 mm) that was sitting idle for some time(1yr) and put on a Gillette Tech fat handle(10-32 thread) that I bought months ago at a Antique store. The handle was worn enough from decades of use the two mated well and had DFS this morning. Now I have a hybrid version of the Tech of the new & old and it works like the days of Gillette tech >go to razor for it's era.
    New & old technolgy's-Tech razor.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  15. MacDaDad

Variety is the 'spice' of life. ;)

DSC_1298.JPG

16. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I have found something interesting, usually I avoid cheaper blades, especially in mild razors as i have always had bad luck with them, especially derbys and lord blades, but my tech loves shark chrome blades, actually gives a decent shave which was suprising.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and MR41 like this.
  17. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

My favorite, fun, mild shaver. The Knack N1, with a sharp blade is a very nice shave. The long tapered handle is a nice change to the usual setup.

[​IMG]

MacDaDad, brit, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  18. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Mine likes Gillette Spoilers.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and Sevenbark like this.
  19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I gave one like that to my daughter. She liked it for shaving legs.
    While on the subject, (mild shavers). I have an excellent 51 black tip, steel handle, too my brother in law. It was his birth year and quarter. I've searched to replace it. Nada.
    My brother got a gillette adjustable with the short black handle. Again his birthyear, another of those hasn't come back yet.
    Oh well, I've converted a few to the cause.

20. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Finally picked up a krona on the cheap, not sure of the date, this razor is very efficient and comfortable. I used a super max platinum blade, i have aquired a few tucks over the years as a lot of ebay sellers seem to toss one in your order, i just assumed they were bad as i have never seen a post on them or a shave of the day photo, plus blades from india tend to not work well for me, but this blade paired with the krona gave a 2 pass bbs. Since today is my first day off in awhile I decided to celebrate the williams aqua velva combo that our world has been blessed with. Overall todays shave with a new razor and new blade, and god like soap and aftershave provided a top quality shave. 20180831_101456.jpg

MacDaDad, brit, Edison Carter and 4 others like this.