Military Industries "Aldershot" OC safety razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dver42, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

Anyone have one of these razors? They look pretty sturdy and they cost a pretty penny. ($150CAD with basic shipping on their website)

I believe these are made in the U.K.

Seen one on eBay for auction, decided to put in a bid and ended up getting it for only $45CAD which includes shipping. Can't complain at that price, it's a sharp looking razor and made of stainless steel. We will see how it actually shaves when it gets here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what's posted in the description on their website:

This is one the latest Safety Razors from Military Industries.
    Made from 100% black PVD surgical grade stainless steel, the Razor is a work of art and is a seriously solid and heavyweight razor. The three piece design is finished in brushed, PVD stainless steel which gives it a very purposeful look.
    This is a high precision razor, the razor is perfectly balanced so that the weight is in the head not the handle so you get meaningful feedback from the blade when shaving.
    * Open Comb Head
    * Length Inc Head: 106mm
    * Shaft Width 14.5mm
    * Engraved handle which provides a good grip when the razor is wet.
    * Supplied in a Protective Box

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks good. Hope it works well also.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

The Brits have a habit of calling chrome plated zinc alloy "stainless steel". I wouldn't be surprised if the handle isn't the only true stainless part of that razor.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Looks like another rebranded Pearl head, which is not a bad thing, but it's not stainless.

5. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

I have emailed them in regards to the material of the head and baseplate. Hopefully I will get a reply soon.

6. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

They will only know what they are told, they don't appear to manufacture anything themselves, they just buy and sell, with their name applied to some of the products. All of their "locations" are just corporate offices.

Dver42, jar and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. DRIVER_B

DRIVER_B Member

How aggressive is it compared to the R41?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

8. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I hate how company's like to call things military or military grade. Most of the time it is crap and most the time the military never seen or uses the item.

9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I told OP the same thing regarding the head and base cap on another forum where he posted, I also did not forget to mention if this company charges 150CAD for a SS/Zinc razor then they are ripoffs

TobyC and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My thoughts are that if the OP paid 45 CAD, it’s not any sort of rip off per se. I would also say that if the seller does not specify “machined or stainless” in terms of the head, it isn’t gonna be. We’ve just seen it too many times.

11. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

TobyC likes this.
  13. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It does resemble the West Coast razor and will probably shave similar to a Gillette New SC.

TobyC likes this.
  16. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

17. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Dver42 likes this.
  18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

If it is the Pearl head, it's a pretty magical shaver! Very close and very efficient, but also smooth as silk. I place it in between a Gillette OLD type and a Fatip Piccolo. :happy088:

Douglas Carey and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've never used a Fatip, but also thinking it's a bit milder than an Old Type.

TobyC and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman