Modern Razor of the Year

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Dec 16, 2018.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Blackland Dart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Razorock Game Changer. A quality SS razor at price most could afford. Hard to beat quality/price. It really was a game changer in that some of the elite razor companies came out with products at a fraction of their original entries.

Screwtape and brit like this.
  4. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

I would like to nominate my Rockwell 6s for first place, and Rex Ambassador for second.

I got both of these this year and they are my two favorite modern adjustables. Smooth, efficient and heavy. I have sensitive skin and these razors are super efficient without being aggressive. 20180811_144405.jpg

5. brit

brit in a box

id like to nominate the razorock mamba.. this razor is well made, affordable, visually pleasing, great weight and balance.,and a nice mild shaver to boot. 20181216_113216.jpg 20181216_113541.jpg

6. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Paradigm Titanium SE
    SOTD 121718.jpg

Str8on2, Frijolero and brit like this.
  7. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I almost chose the Mamba over the GC, too, as it was the forerunner to the GC. It is a terrific razor.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

cool, i like a mild shaver as most of my gillettes are and wanted an affordable stainless razor..love all the other ones out there but i ve spent my budget on vintage so far..thank you dennis.. ,gary

DesertTime likes this.
  9. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I really like the Mamba, especially with a Feather blade. But, my first choice would be the Rex Ambassador.

william beer, Zed117 and brit like this.
  10. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Rex Ambassador

11. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

I nominate the Timeless razor in titanium.
    This is my Timeless razor: titanium, scallopped head, 0.68 gap - polished it and with a Stork "Taipan" handle (95 mm long):

upload_2018-12-18_11-5-51.jpeg

12. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I'll go a different rout. I'd like to nominate 2 as they are the same just different alloys.

The PAA SS & Aluminum Ascension razors.
    Mamba mild to nearly Timeless .95 feel and shave. Light or more weight, they both deliver beautiful shaves......

PxKKn7x.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  13. I would nominate the RS10 from Raw Shaving

14. ShavePastor

ShavePastor New Member

Karve!

brit likes this.
  15. SparrowPoint

SparrowPoint Active Member

Karve...effective, affordable, available. Plus I like brass

brit likes this.