Modern Single Edge Pseudo Injectors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jay_gatz, Jul 8, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure what the proper name might be, but I am sure you have all seen some of the modern interpretations of razors that are based on the various SE blades such as Schick injectors, and the feather blades. Some seem to have much larger heads than vintage Schick's, few actually allow you to use it as an injector, so I would call them more of a three piece razor designed around a single edge blade. I was wondering if anyone has used both a vintage injector, and one of these modern interpretations, and if so, is the shave markedly improved? I have only used vintage Schick injectors, and for me, the height of that platform is the adjustable. Ergonomic, easy to get in tight places, and delivers good results with a three pass shave. I'm just not seeing the benefit, especially with losing the no blade handling advantage of the true injectors.

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I have an I1. It shaves well. I like it except that it cannot be disassembled to clean the Schmitz out.

I also have a Supply injector that is easier to keep clean

edit….
    Is it Schmitz or schmutz?

Auto-correct and I just seem to not be getting along well on the topic.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

Try using an AR-15 Gas Tube Pipe Cleaner. Won't get the plate to plate part, but will fit to run through where the injector key fits.

Edison Carter and PanChango like this.
  4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have (or have had) an E2, E3, G4 and I1 Schick Injector. I have a Stainless Supply SE that takes Injector blades. I think the heavy weight does make a difference and it is a favourite shaver for me. I have all 3 plates, but usually just use the middle '2 dot' plate. E and G Schick Injectors are fine shavers for as well, but I'd put them a notch below the Supply. I do like the fact that you don't need to use an Injector key to load it.
    I have also had a PAL Injectomatic and Gillette Trac II Injector. The PAL was quite a bit more aggressive than a standard E or G Schick. The Gillette is made to take double Injector blades only and even then is quite mild.