More than once a day?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMike, Mar 6, 2016.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Even with a DFS in the morning, I've got the 5 o'clock shadow. I never gave it much thought before, but maybe a single pass shave in the evening is warranted. Do any of you regularly shave more than once a day?

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How early in the day do you notice the 5:00 shadow?

Robyflexx and BigMike like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Other end of the bell curve here. If I get a DFS or better I'm more than 24 hours before enough stubble makes me need a shave.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am a night shaver, except for weekends. Then I like to drink coffee, take my time, bowl lather and enjoy myself. On those days, if I,have something going on in the evening, I will shave again.

BigMike, Robyflexx and ARGH like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Is that a trick question? :happy102:

Metro, Robyflexx, ARGH and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Honestly, no. Just because it's called "5:00 shadow" doesn't mean that's when the OP notices it.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I find that I stay smoother longer into the day now than when I used carts. My wife has noticed this, also.
    So, no, I only shave once a day, every day.

8. SABOTEURw

SABOTEURw Active Member

I used to occasionally shave twice daily until I improved my technique. I shave daily around 3:15am. I begin to feel stubble on my chin around 5pm, but nothing anyone can see. I'm good until next morning.

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Rarely do I shave twice in a day. Generally only if I'm going out on a date.

Halvor, Robyflexx and BigMike like this.
  10. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

Same here!

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Well, it's more of a 6 o'clock shadow, really. And only on some days. I'm thinkng that on those days I could add an evening shave.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  12. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

After about 16 hours I feel it. But I work night shift and I shave usually about 1:30 am. But it's not noticeable on me. So I as well only shave once a day. But my 1912 ER seems to shave even the pores down :D

BigMike likes this.
  13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Once a day, usually in the morning around 4 or 5. I enjoy starting my day shaved.:)

BigMike and preidy like this.
  14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Maybe shaving with something more efficient like a R41 will keep you smoother longer? :)

BigMike likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I always wondered what the story was behind the 5:00 shadow.

BigMike and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I shave morning only. Depending on the result, I feel more or less stubbles after my work day (about 5PM) but not enough to warrant a second shave. Even if going on a date. SWMBO doesn't seem to mind!

BigMike and Robyflexx like this.