Most wanted, hardest to get

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Queen of Blades, Jun 9, 2007.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Those are exactly what I saw.

2. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

Here's a link to the thread with a picture of the previously mentioned Kavall razor:drool
    Regards,
    Alex

3. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Oh yeah, also Coate's Tea Tree. Curious about the tea tree properties and how they affect the shave.

4. TomH

TomH Welcome Wagon

All the great Barbershop scents like AV, Pinaud and so on, which are cheap in the United States of A., but in Europe hard to get and if, then they cost soooo much money:mad: :mad:

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Anherb

'nuff said. :D

6. Will

Will Nevermind

AHEM!

PM sent! :D

7. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I must agree with Thomas, all the good old classics, they cost a fortune here in Europe (if you can find them)
    How does 19 euros for a 6oz Pinaud sound :eek:

How I wish I could buy one of each Pinaud, some Aqua Velva.. and the other good ones..

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Anybody know the shipping restrictions on alcohol based products overseas? I know every time I go to the post office I have to declare, "No liquids, perishables, breakables or hazardous materials."

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thanks JoAnna, we ship daily UPS or USPS but none of our stuff has any restrictions except size so I never needed to look it up. I'll print out and read. It will come in handy.

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Wilkinson Sticky
    British Aristocrat
    And.....

BBS EVERYTIME !!

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

"Dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer." :D

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mastro Livi razor ('cause I haven't got that kinda cash!)

Penhaligon's stuff (ditto)

14. bg42

bg42 New Member

harley

I think you will have trouble with getting Lary Harley to make you a razor for your birthday ,I`m sorry to say but I read somewhere he passed away a few years back,I hope I`m wrong ,but I don`t think so
    Kind regards Peter

15. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

Hi Peter,
    Are you sure we are on about the same Larry Harley? The one who made the razor in the link I posted still has a website here. You can see the razor in the gallery there. Also, there was a post on SRP with a link to a knife forum where a number of bladesmiths were discussing straight razors and I think Larry Harley was one of them.
    Of course i don't know how old the linked thread was and I didn't check to see when the website was last updated, so I may be looking at older material. His passing would help to explain why we hadn't seen more from such an obviously talented maker.
    I'll try shooting him an email when I have a better idea of what I want in a custom razor.
    Regards,
    Alex

16. These blades? http://www.theessentials.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=7

Also Astra are made by P&G Russia have you tried them.

Paul

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Paul!

Is that your website?

18. Hi,

No theEssentials.com is just a site I have noticed while looking for old gillette DE's.

Paul

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

what I'd do to be able to get Noxzema lather cream in the tube again....what I'd do. Also, the Erasmic bowls are becoming a very rare commodity. Recently, I received a tube of Kaloderma shaving cream, which is alas, and alack, a vintage cream, no longer even in production.

20. Will

Will Nevermind

Jeff, this is what I want you to do.

Everytime you see a Erasmic product.........BUY IT...........buy all they got, I know I will buy some off you. :D

You could be the Erasmic Arms Dealer.