MrEE Limited Edition Brush

Discussion in 'Vendor's Corner' started by MrEE, Feb 28, 2021.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Supporting Vendor
    As some here may know, I committed to doing a Limited Edition brush in December 2020. The design is as pictured and will be discontinued once the LE is finished.

20210228_140804.jpg
    The first batch of 20 is nearing completion and will start shipping in the next week or so. I've been treating this as a hobby project which works great for me, but not so great for those who've been excited to get a brush. So, I'm going to commit to completing the brushes on a schedule included in the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Y-qs26m7eZWhqI0modMyT0Zg08Se7E4ANoQlSJxuHg/edit?usp=sharing

2. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Very cool Evan! :)

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  3. MrEE

Supporting Vendor
    I've shaped all the brushes currently on order. 10 have been cut and are ready for engraving.

Currently I'm working to engrave those which will be anodized and shipped this week. :) I've been baffled why I can't center the engraving on the bottom of the brush. It always ends up a couple of hundredths of an inch to the left.

20210228_134633.jpg
    I know what you're going to say, "Just move it to the right." Well, I can't bring myself to do that without understanding the problem.... Well, as any machinest would probably figure out much faster than me. My spindle is out of tram (not square with the table). The probe I'm using to center the work is about 3 inches longer than my engraving bit. The slight angle combined with the differences in tool offsets means the engraving shifts to one side.

Never fear, this picture is of a test engraving on a practice piece, hence the #000. Cleaning up the engraving is easy, but not worth the effort on a practice piece that is obviously not centered.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  4. MrEE

Supporting Vendor
    :) I committed to selling these at cost, but I didn't say an exact price. Now I can say with confidence, the price per brush will be $15 plus $5 shipping. Yes, at $15 each I'm making about $1 an hour after over my costs. :) Please forgive me for being greedy and rounding up.

In the beginning, I said I would do 2 batches of 20. As of this posting, there are still 2 slots in the first batch. PM me if you want to get in on the action. I'll do the second batch in late summer after I've recovered. I went through my PM's looking for orders. If I missed adding your name to the list, ping me.

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

@jtspartan would accept the crooked one. :happy102:

Hembree, ischiapp, brit and 7 others like this.
  6. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

:happy097::happy102::happy102::happy102::happy102::happy097: Poor Jason

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The brushes look fantastic Evan. More importantly I’m glad you are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thanks for doing this, Evan! If you know the ‘Canuck’ shipping cost (I didn’t PM as I know there are a few us on your list) I will send you the total amount.

Hembree, battle.munky, brit and 4 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

So much for my self esteem... :lam:
    I feel like Mikey from the old Life commercials.:)

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  10. Dave in KY

Happy to send payment as well if someone can message me Evans PayPal @MrEE

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  11. MrEE

Supporting Vendor
    @jtspartan has been top-of-mind for several days. he's the reason a run with a max of 40 will be numbered with three digits, ie #007. I promise the engraving on 007 will be straight. I need to figure out how to include some acid, for dissolving bolts, a homing device, and maybe a small explosive. Not sure how I'm going to ship it to Canada.

Hembree, battle.munky, brit and 6 others like this.
  12. Dave in KY

Should be fine as long as there's no alcohol in it.......:happy102:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Hembree, brit, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  13. MrEE

Supporting Vendor
    I'll PM everyone as I finish the brushes. Obviously I need shipping addresses. So we'll talk.

brit, jtspartan, Droo78 and 5 others like this.
  14. MrEE

Supporting Vendor
    I need to check with @Paul Turner to be sure he's okay with #013. Are you superstitious at all? If so I can engrave it "#012-A", "#012+1" or something similar.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Evan. Can you remind me on the hole's diameter and what size of knot the handle was designed for?

Hembree, brit, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  16. MrEE

Supporting Vendor
    They're all 1 inch holes drilled .5 inches deep. Perfect for a 24mm knot. The Maggard 24mm SHD fan knot fits really well. I already have mine for the #000 brush I'll be keeping. The 24mm synthetics also fit well. The Omega boar knot I salvaged from an Omega 10005 is a little loose.

Hembree, brit, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Evan.

18. Dave in KY

Hembree, brit, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Rest easy @jtspartan. As quality control director, I personally approved the engraving for your brush handle.

007.jpg

Hembree, ischiapp, brit and 5 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 El Scratcho

Has #9 been spoken for yet ?;)