Much Appreciation to TSD, its Vendors and Members!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by SlagleRock, Nov 19, 2008.

1. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

This thread is all about appreciation! My appreciation of the Vendors and Members of TSD!
    I was the winner of the October Newbie Giveaway. I was as excited as a 6 year old at Christmas.

This is what I won:

So far the goodies have started rolling in. Last week I received a puck of the Apple Jill shave soap from Irena at Ginger's Garden! Wow, this is a great scent. My entire room (I am deployed and live in a small room) smells like the Apple Jill shaving soap. So not only is it an amazing smelling shave soap, but I leave it out so my room smells wonderful! Irena has already made a repeat customer out of me. I’m going to be ordering the Apple Jill Bath Soap for my Wife as a stocking stuffer. I know there are many more great scents that she and I will both love to try in the future. Thanks again Irena!

Today I got a puck of Lemongrass shave soap from Susie! Once again this is a great scent! I can't wait to take it for a test drive. Currently it is sitting on my desk, and as I type this all I can smell is that great lemon scent! Thank you so much Susie!

I'm still waiting on the sample goodies from the TSD, the LUX from Mastermute, and the blade samplers from Dark's and Baloosh! This is better than Christmas, more like Chanukah (as I keep getting great gifts day after day). I will update this post as these items arrive. I don't want to miss anyone in my appreciation of this contest and the great start it has given me. I really do appreciate this from the bottom of my heart. You are all great people and this is a classy, classy forum!

These contests are awesome for newbies; it really gives us an opportunity to try great products without blowing through a ton of cash to do it.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone who helps support these contests, the TSD, its vendors, its members. Everyone, thank you!

Bottom line is these are great people doing great things! I can't wait to be able to Pay it Forward myself, one day soon.

Thanks again to everyone!

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

enjoy the goodies! ::

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Those all come in one package, the one I sent. Hopefully, it'll be there soon.

Anywhoooo....

You're welcome! And, thank you! Without Newbies, we would have turned into a coffe/pen/etc forum some time ago. ;)

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Huzzah to all.

And what is wrong with coffee, pens, and etc?

5. Queen of Blades

Why nothing, of course. But we are a shaving forum.

6. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Ah, so back to Christmas instead of Chanukah, LOL

Thanks again!

7. Queen of Blades

Yep. :D

You're welcome. :)

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Pshhhhhhhh. I have other forums for all of those ADs! :happy102

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

You're welcome SlagleRock! :)

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

Can I sort of hitchhike along with SlagleRock and add my appreciation?
    Not only for the sampler pack I won not long after I started here, but for the pleasant atmosphere, the friendly banter and the genuinely helpful information.

Y'all's a good bunch, I reckon, and I'm happy I found y'uns.

Thanks.

11. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Your very welcome! Enjoy!!!

12. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Update:

The rest of the goodies arrived today. The best part is when the mail clerk handed the box to my buddy (to hand to me) he said, “Mmmm what's in here; it smells great!” He thought it was cookies, LOL, that's the truth. The sample puck of the Almond shave soap made the whole box smell like heaven! Once I got the box open I took a quick whiff of the Lime shave cream. At first sniff, I'd say it is a very nice lime smell and very subtle. I'll probably whip it into a lather frenzy first thing in the morning and give it a go! The Bourbon Vanilla aftershave smells great. Since I wore an unscented aftershave this morning I had to give it a little try (despite it being more than 9 hours since I shaved). I like the scent. It is soft, subtle and relaxing. I think it is a perfect scent for the fall/winter season! Thank you JoAnna!

The LUX razor looks great! I've read everywhere that it is a copy of the Gillette tech, boy is it! The handle is different but the head is basically the same. I have a couple techs and they shave well so maybe for this Saturday's ritual shave I'll have to break out the LUX and give it a test drive! That and being a history buff it is cool to have a razor from this part of the world. Thank you very much Johan!

Blades, blades and more blades!! A newbie can never have too many to try. There are so many combinations, this blade with that razor, that blade with this razor and so on. This will help me get even closer to nailing down my go to combination! Thank you Jason and Dark's Blade Supply!

Once again, I just want to say thank you to everyone! Thank you to everyone, not just the moderators, vendors and contributors to these great newbie giveaways, but to everyone at TSD. You all make this a great site. I've learned a ton in these past two months and I know there is much more to learn. This has been a Grade "A" experience from day one until now. You are all a fine bunch of people.

Thanks again!

13. Queen of Blades

14. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

If other cream, in particular other TSD creams, are a good example the lime cream will have a much stronger scent when lathered. I also have the almond soap and love the scent. I'm thinking I need to try using it this weekend. Enjoy the TSD aftershave. I find it the most soothing, without being oily, of anything I've tried - great after a rough shave.

15. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

+1 It was much stronger once I lathered up with it. Either way, it is a great smelling lime!