Muhle 41r deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Hairy Alaskan, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

If you go to www.shaving.ie they are selling them pretty cheap. I just ordered one with shipping to Alaska for just over 35 bucks. Hopefully everything goes well and I didn't just jinx myself by posting this. I double checked the Euro to US conversion and it seems to checkout. Fingers crossed.

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly or in the proper place, but I didn't want to take up extra space just to put this up for membership viewing....Theres also a slightly used(twice) Muhle R41 on ebay with a B.I.N. price of $50 shipped(pretty good price from what I can see)..It has 1 day 9 hours left on the auction seems like a good deal for anyone wanting a Muhle R41....The seller has a 97.9% rating apparently he had medical problems in December of 2013 that led to problems with one of his auctions, you can ask him about it..I just wanted to pass the info along...:)

Edit: The seller thinks it's a 2013 as the cap is 19.82mm across....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I bought my R41 from shaving ie. it was shipped very fast! No problems at all. Excellent seller.

battle.munky likes this.
  4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:signs011:

I got mine from shaving.ie and it was quick and painless. The only wildcard is customs but at the worst I'd say it would add a week. Probably won't though.

It's a great razor. I love mine.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

It arrived to California in 6 days. I've had packages take longer from Florida.

6. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Yea I saw that but it really depends if its the 2011 or 2013 model.

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

According to the shaving.ie site, it lists the razors as '2013 Stock'

RaZorBurn123 and bzero007 like this.
  8. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

If its the 2013 model I may be jumping on this deal.

9. RaZorBurn123

It is the 2013. That's what they advertise, and what I recieved.

10. 178-bplatoon

Aren't the R41 and the R101 the same shave head?

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I don't think it's a deal per se, but more the normal price here in EU.

12. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Shipping for me came to $2.71, bookmarked this site and will place and order for this and more possibly next week. Thanks for the find op.

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

$35 shipped to the US is a pretty darned good deal. Not as good as the $16 head, but still….;):D
    Most 2013 R41s on the used market go for in the $35-45 range. The 2011s, because they are getting harder to find, may be a bit more.

14. tuxxdk

Yes I understand (and know) that it's cheap compared to the normal price Mühle goes for in US. But Shaving.ie is based in Ireland/EU and that's just the normal price. That's what I meant by not being a deal. A deal is something that's been lowered in price. Anyone can shop at shaving.ie so it's beyond my imagination why anyone would pay same amount for a used one :)

RaZorBurn123 and HolyRollah like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Maybe because, like a brush, it's been 'broken in'...:p

tuxxdk likes this.
  16. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Considering Amazon is selling them for 58 bucks I thought the .ie price was one that couldn't be passed up.

17. tuxxdk

I agree, one should not forego Shaving.ie. It's a great place to shop and it's in my top list of shaving stores.

Amazon UK is letting it go for converted $45. I don't know why Mühle is so expensive in US. It can't be because it's an European product, because so are EJ's and those are much more cheaper.

18. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Because people pay it.;)

19. tuxxdk

But still they never get recommended. It's always the EJ's. I know EJ doesn't have (at least to my knowledge) a "R41", so Mühle might be the only option here. But still...?

CyanideMetal likes this.
  20. 178-bplatoon

Shaving i.e. sounds like a place I'm going to have to start visiting now...:)

tuxxdk and RaZorBurn123 like this.