Muhle R41 Grande

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dadvest, Nov 22, 2011.

1. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

vanm66 and alpla444 like this.
  2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Wow, 80g up from 62g. Pretty hefty increase, thus "grande"! Almost a 30% weight increase.

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Seems they have been listening. The weight of the handle is one of the complaints I see most often.

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

This actually pisses me off. I don't see an option to buy the heavier handle only which they should offer since so many customers have complained about the original handle. And I'm not buying the whole razor set just to get the heavier handle.

SharpSpine and dadvest like this.
  5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I like the version with the regular handle. I have tried it on my Bull Mastiff and reverted back to the stock handle.

It's nice that they are listening to what people are requesting...

6. IAmTheJody

The regular handle is nice but I've got big, fat hands and would definitely like to have the longer handle. Not so much for the weight but the length.

7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

First thing I looked for was handle only, lol. as it would fit my EJ89L also

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Perhaps if you telephone them you can get satisfaction...I would think they would make the heavier longer handle available for those who already have the original razor....If not...well hey....you're a gillette-i-knight....They don't want to incite your wrath....:)

dadvest likes this.
  9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

As the R-41 has been my only razor for awhile... I have adapted. I do want a heavier handle, but I am good with the Chinese Typhoon handle addition...

Maybe.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I like the acrylic handles better.... the hollow tin can of the webbed chrome design doesn't do it for me.

11. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

I contacted them and they replied with the following:
    Dear Mike,
    thank you for the email.
    The single Grande handle is available for 18.00 EUR + 12.00 EUR shipping to the US.

best regards,

Not real aweful sure what that calculates out to or what the part number to order is but I did get that much from them. Hope it helps!

12. IAmTheJody

Thanks for the info.

That would be £30.00 total or $46.75 just for the handle. That's more than what the R41 cost me shipped, which totaled £23.48 or $36.97.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

"The new safety razor is predestined for men...[who]...prefer to sport three-day stubble."

Wha?

14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

They're not listening toooooo well anyhow. I don't think I have had 3 day stubble in the last 2 years.

tomnat likes this.
  15. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

From what I was told the part number would be R89 STIELE Grande and it would need to be ordered via email at kontakt@muehle-shaving.com

16. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

So they've made a bigger version of the handle I didn't like to start with. Good start. I use the original one with my Merkur23C head and one of my own handles with the R41. It's all good...now.

17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

So what about the Bull Mastiff option ??

18. sir-nix-alot

sir-nix-alot Member

Where did you buy from? It is almost 2x that to buy directly from them.

battle.munky likes this.
  19. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Connaught shaving or italianbarber are is probably where.

EDIT: :happy088:

alpla444 likes this.
  20. IAmTheJody

Yes, I bought my R41 from Connaught Shaving which is in the UK. Italian Barber doesn't carry Muhle razors. Connaught has the best price, even for people in the US.

rodd and battle.munky like this.