Muhle R41

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by vittocia, Sep 29, 2012.

1. vittocia

vittocia Active Member

I resently purchase a Muhle R41 and I must say it quite impresive
    It shaves very close some might call it aggresive Id say its as good as any merkur I own (34c 37c)
    and would rival any vintage razor I own to
    also the build quality is first class.
    Blade used supermax platinum.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yes, the 2011 model of the R41 is the most aggressive double edge razor out there, new or vintage.

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I took me some time and blood to learn how to use it. Great Looking razor, it even looks mean.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Yeah if I used that razor, I would probably end up looking like the elephant man.

5. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I have the R41 Grande, same head, just longer handle, fantastic razor, german engineering at it's best, quite a steep learning curve in learning how to use it, but once you master it!!!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I have owned one for a while now its NOT my 1st choice razor but when I does get into my rotation im never dissapointed. in fact I may of just use it tonight:signs002:

7. vittocia

vittocia Active Member

I found with the first pass that the blade angle to your skin is important with the R41 unlike some razors for example umm the flare tip ss you can swish away to your hearts content no harm done. But unlike this champion DE you won't be smooth as a billard ball after a two pass shave (with and against the grain)
    Paul