Muhle STF synthetic 25mm?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Macktheknife, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

The Muhle STF brushes don't seem to get much mention anymore. Anyone still in love with the XL synthetic?

Frijolero and BigMark83 like this.
  2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I think it's a great knot. I think part of the reason is that there's alot of new synthetic fiber knots right now that are dirt cheap and pretty good. I've bought 4 myself in the last week or so. The knots I've picked up recently are the SynBad, Angel Hair, Full Moon and Hawk.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Frijolero, RyX and BigMark83 like this.
  3. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

While I cannot attest to use of Mühle synthetic brushes I have a WCS one that I like. The only thing that slightly bothers me is lack of backbone. But the pros outweigh the cons. 1 - It's extremely soft, 2 - It uses less water, 3 - It doesn't need to soak for long, if at all (perhaps 2 & 3can be combined), 4 - It dries fast, 5 - It is impervious to bacterial growth, at least that's what I understand. I use it almost exclusively. I haven't used either boars in a long time or my horse yet.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

cliffb599 and Frijolero like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

all the muhle brushes seem pricey ..

BigMark83 likes this.
  5. nav

nav Well-Known Member

I still definitely love my muhle 23mm (and the 23mm & 25mm in the STFv1) but muhle pricing is too high for what you get compared to the fantastic synthetic brushes from Yaqi et al.

brit likes this.