Murray & Lanman Florida Water in Toronto

Discussion in 'Scents' started by goshawk, May 9, 2010.

1. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

I found Murray & Lanmans Florida Water in stock at The Danforth Fruit Market on the Danforth, just east of Main St., for $5.99 and needless to say, snagged a bottle. I thought my fellow Torontonians would like to know. I've never seen it anywhere else in T. O.

Best Regards

goshawk

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

What's Florida Water like?

Where is it compareble with, fragrance wise?

Pardon my ignorance :ashamed001

3. goshawk

It's alot like bay rum - sweet and spicey.

Best Regards

goshawk

4. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

OK,

5. geneaut

geneaut Member

My wife says it smells like Pledge going on ... the citrus topnotes start off strong. After 10 minutes of drydown it starts smelling like spiced apple cider to me.

I love it.

6. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

To me, it smells like Lime Sec and Bay Rum.

7. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

If you have ever been in a position to smell the air freshener called Ozium, that is a pretty dang close approximation of what Florida Water smells like.

9. goshawk

GI

Interesting post. The Danforth Fruit Market is a Caribbean grocery store, so the Santeria connection probably explains why they've got the FW.

Thanks

goshawk

10. geneaut

geneaut Member

The Florida Water, Kananga Water, and even Hoyt's Cologne have some hoodoo meanings in different cultures.

I've read some people even use a little FW in their mop water. Cleans the haints/boogers/etc right out of the house. My wife says it smells like upscale Pledge so I wonder LOL.

11. shavejunkie

shavejunkie New Member

I seem to get quite a few genuine compliments when wearing Florida Water. I think a lot of its sent depends on your individual body chemistry. My wife usually likes only upper end fragrances but she loves FW.

12. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I found this old thread after googling Florida Water lol. I hadn't heard of it before reading about it here on TSD, and I'm 55 yrs old. Since receiving our order of it, neither my gf of I can imagine being without it in our shaving set ups. She loves it as an after shave. So do I, and also just an occasional during the day splash on. Scents are so subjective I'll just say we both love the combo of flowers and citrus...just smells so clean and fresh. Voodoo? Magic? Hmmmm...even though it contains the same ingrediants as many other cologne, the way it makes our skin both feel and glow makes me wonder....what else might be in those bottles. Absolutely love this stuff, both function and fragrance.

178-bplatoon and Zykris like this.
  13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Me too, and it has a cool name too.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I love Florida Water,:) just wish the sent lasted longer.:(

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.