My Brother is Hopeless!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Michael, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

My brother's birthday is coming up and I thought maybe a nice brush and some cream... Just sent my sister-in-law a note asking what he shaved with as I really had no idea. Her reply...

He prefers an electric razor. He uses a Braun, but in a pinch, he will steal my Good News.

OMG!! I had no idea what a "Good News" was, but now that I do, they have my deepest sympathy! A Braun AND a disposable in the same house! And that's ALL! :eek: I see I have my work cut out for me!!

I was thinking a C&E BBB, a tub of something and at the very least, an M3 (wasn't sure I wanted to push him too far just yet!). But for a Braun guy, it'd probably just be a waste of $$. Oh, and her response to my, "you use a DISPOSABLE?!" comment was, "Hey, it has a LUBRASTRIP!" Sigh.

Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Need another idea I guess. :(

2. Will

Will Nevermind

You need another brother. :rofl

3. Stubble

Stubble Member

Don't feel bad, my brother is moron when it comes to shaving. I've explained to him how I shave with a DE, brush, soap etc, etc and get a really comfortable, close and enjoyable shave.
    He tells me he doesn't have time for s*** like that, so he shaves in the shower, in the running water, with no soap............that way the blood just runs down the drain!!! His face always looks like he was whipped with a log chain, and always complains how sore his skin is.
    So, what do you do, the guy is completely beyond hope. But, at least he doesn't use an electric in the shower, although that could be the next step.

4. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have a GOOD brother.. One day I told him about my shaving and said "you should really try this".. he responded with "ok" and we got him a complete Merkur Futur set with a nice soap.. Hes happy as a pig in .. well you get the picture.. I like my brother..

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I'm tempted to buy the stuff anyway, but then, I did that at Christmas for both my sons. To the best of my knowledge, I might as well have burned the $160 or so I spent on two Merkur HDs, two tubs of Taylor's, two packs of blades and two C&E BBB's. If they don't shape up soon, you may see NOS shaving stuff for sale! Stay tuned... :(

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My brother-in-LAW is a real nut-case. I got him started on wetshaving a few years ago, and then he started using Edge gel with a brush, then Proraso cream with no brush. Finally, the boy switched to an electric, after busting my chops to show him how to use a DE. Like, give me a break!!!! :confused: :confused:

Jeff

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Update

Well, I guess I'll find out whether I just wasted $$ or not. I decided to buy the shaving stuff for my brother in spite of the above. Everyone claims the C&E BBB is a great beginner's brush, but since they're still out of stock on the web, I was waiting. Went to the mall today though and lo and behold, they had three of them! So I bought one.

C&E BBB
    C&E Almond tube
    Mama Bear's "Mystery" soap (hey, she sent me two cuz she liked my poem! :p)
    Proraso tub
    Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
    Master Bay Rum Aftershave
    Oh, and an M3 Turbo (didn't want to push him over the edge just yet and figured it was much better than a Braun or a Good News.)

Now if I can just get him to USE the stuff!! Hope he doesn't like the Mystery soap too much - Sue has no idea what's in it! :rofl

8. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

i am gonna start my already wet shaving brother out slow. First, a brush and soap. Once that sinks in, maybe a gillette SS and a box of derby's...

He currently has a beard, but seemed interested in my most recent shave blog......