My butterfly razor has a slightly bent blade gap.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Jay1776, May 14, 2022.

1. Jay1776

Jay1776 New Member

It's a new old school razor by Vikings Blade. It's their most aggressive razor and being the novice shaver I am I am drawn to it like a moth to a flickering flame. It's adjustable and I can pretty much load it at every setting on the razor so I'm thinking I'm cool. They are designed in Australia and hand assembled in Indonesia. Anybody have any experience with these things? They refer to them as bespoke and they have all types of skus, but I can tilt the blade doors crooked when it's open even though they close evenly with a blade loaded.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi Jay. Welcome!
    Do you shave with the doors open? ;)
    If not, and all is even when closed, I wouldn't worry about it.
    But that's me.

Enrico and PLANofMAN like this.
  3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Welcome to the Den, @Jay1776! I’m not familiar with that particular model, but once the doors close the playing field levels! You should check out the current month’s Shaving School thread! Great resource to get settled with any new safety or straight razor! Stop on by and introduce yourself! Feel free to use my name! ;)
    :signs046:

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Jay1776 . Welcome to TSD from North Cackalacky. Are you in Australia?
    zwelcome2aus.jpg

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @Jay1776 ...... as to the razor I know nothing about Viking blades and mainly use Gillette and Schick ..... maybe a Gem on occasion. Glad to have you with us at TSD.

:)