My Cancer

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Tylervanstone, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Tylervanstone

Tylervanstone Active Member

I was diagnosed with lower GI cancer stage 2 2 weeks ago, I tell you it sure changed my view on life, I've lost my job
    and my self esteem, I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but as I reflect on life { I'm only 29}
    I realize the simple thinks are often over looked or taken for granted, Like a good shave I savor every shave I take like its my last, I am going for an operation to remove the cancer on the 18th of this month I am scared
    What I am trying to say is enjoy life any way you can because you never know when it will end

"enjoy every sandwich"

god bless

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I pray everything goes well and that some day you can look back and reflect on it from the other side.

RaZorBurn123 and stuartganis like this.
  3. Tylervanstone

Tylervanstone Active Member

Thank you

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

I'm 75 had a mild heart problem a year ago, I know what you are feeling, when you get better your feelings will change back to when you were healthy. Too bad it happened so young, but it will make you strong for the next 100 years. Good luck to you and get back to us when you recover.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Enrico and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It is normal to be afraid, use the resources available to you and stay strong.

Best wishes. Luckily they caught it early so you will get through it.

My mother had cervical cancer that they caught at stage 2 as well. It was not a fun road, but she just celebrated 2 years cancer free.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Tyler, I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It is surely a time of testing for you. If you know the Lord, you are definitely not alone. I will pray for your situation. May God bless you and encourage you through all of the things you are about to undergo. Let the docs do their work. Take the time to heal.
    Jim

7. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear about the news. My father was diagnosed with intestinal cancer at stage two himself. Don't give up hope and fight every day to conquer it. We may have not met in person but know that you are in my thoughts.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I'm rooting for a successful surgery and complete recovery.

RaZorBurn123 and Zykris like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    By the way, Tyler. Welcome to TSD. This is a community that really cares. Life is more that razors and shaving, but they are fun. I am glad you have joined us.
    zwelcome2.jpg

Screwtape, RyX, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear this Tyler, but know you are not alone, as we are here with you in spirit. Best wishes for an uneventful procedure and rapid recovery.

Screwtape and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

I'll be sending hopes and prayers that everything is successful with the surgery. Welcome to the shave den. This is a great place to go!

12. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

:happy088:
    My prayers for you and your family. I'm going through this with my dad and I know it's tough for you. Hang in there, things will get better but it takes time. There's a great group of people here who always seem to find time to listen. On a lighter note....... Welcome to TSD!!!!!! :signs046::happy088:

13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Tyler, hang tough my brother. Being scared is nothing to be ashamed of. It's how you manage it.
    Prayers OUT!

14. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Tyler, best wishes for a successful operation and return to your self-esteem. Welcome to TSD.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

@Tylervanstone, I'm glad you decided to join us here at TSD. If you weren't scared, I'd wonder if you were sane. I see by your closing of your message, you also place your faith in God, that is good and wise. I've prayed for you and will continue to pray for your heath, peace and strength in your faith. May God continue to bless you daily.

PLANofMAN, Screwtape and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  17. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Tyler,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Good news is it sounds like they caught it fairly soon? Not to mitigate what you are going through but I was there 7 years ago. I had just turned 29 and was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease. We had just had our 2nd baby and everything seemed so uncertain and scary.

If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. My treatment was different, but I vividly remember the build up to and diagnosis.

I also wish you the best and will send prayers your way as well.

Steve

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    gwsmallwood, Enrico and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. No wonder you are scared. Perhaps this will help: The doctors that will be treating you are highly trained professionals. These exceptionally skilled folks will be using every last bit of their abilities and going all out to cure you. Not to mention the pharmaceutical and technological advances now found in modern hospitals.

Good luck! I said some prayers for you, for whatever that is worth. I hope the surgery goes amazingly well and you make a full recovery.

Enrico, Paul Turner and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    God bless and take care of you young man. We will all pray for a successful procedure.

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Just know that you are not alone, lean on the loving membership here. I'll keep you in my prayers. God is great, God is good.

Enrico and Paul Turner like this.