My first REAL Badger brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Peter Cupitt, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

Solid turned Stainless Steel handle and Badger Hair brush. Spectacular !!
    SS Badger.jpg
    Using Bluebeard's Shave Cream and a glass bowl, it lathered up rich creamy lather in no time at all, that lasted for ages. It was as soft as a ............. well.................Badger brush I guess.
    Now I can't wait for the KENT Brush I have hinted at (Strongly) for Xmas !!!
    SS Badger lather.jpg
    This brush will now be my daily driver. Easily the best $22 I ever spent

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Where did you buy the brush from Peter? For $22 it certainly seems like a "GREAT" deal!! :happy096:

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  3. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

Looks fantastic! What kind of handle is that on your razor? Very beautiful kit.

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088::happy088: Enjoy!

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Congrats! .....and do tell us the details about your brush.

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  6. Peter Cupitt

Hi 178-bplatoon the seller I dealt with was "beautyglass88". They seemed to be pretty good and I thought that $22Aus was pretty darn good. I have used it and was pretty impressed. I did find a slight smell of wet badger on my first use (who would have thought ??????)

Hi dimmerswitch.
    The razor is a Cadet OC. I got this (and a few others. ...ooops, my bad) from the great guys/gals at shaveabuck http://shaveabuck.com/cadet-shaving-three-piece-razor-tp30b-p-795.html and it was only $19usd. I am impressed with it. It shaves nicely and feels good in the hand. Check them out. ...
    I bet you will buy one :)

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

Nice! Bookmarked. Thanks!!

8. Peter Cupitt

Hey there Bobcat
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words,so ............. Enjoy (PS Sorry about the "lens flare", it's just so smooth and shiny)
    ss size4.jpg ss size3.jpg ss size2.jpg ss size1.jpg SS Badger lather.jpg
    OH, Yeah, for anyone who is obsessed with numbers, it weighs 253 gms (8.9 oz) in the hand, is approximately 110mm (4.3 inches) high overall and ~35mm diameter of widest part of the turned handle (1.378 inches), 23mm (.96 inch) at the collar, 65mm (2.559 inches) at the widest part of the flare in the loft and 60mm (2.362 inches) actual loft (collar to tip) , is densely packed, great spring-back and the shape has mellowed from when new (slightly pointed) to a nice domed shape. It has no discernable "scritch". It took precisely $22 Aus to obtain.

offroad64, 178-bplatoon and srpavko like this.
  9. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

I'm pretty sure I own the same brush wait till it is in full bloom.:happy088:

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Very nice. Keep us posted.........

11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's a very nice brush! And great lather!

12. Peter Cupitt

Incidentally, thanks for everyone's support. I just got a "Seriously Likeable" Trophy from the Mods, for posting content that attracted 100 "Likes".
    I like that :bounce015:

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

We're obviously a 'likable' group here! ;)

14. Peter Cupitt

Okey Dokey, I can now say this brush is "The Business". It is super soft, feels nice and heavy (I like heavy/Solid cause it feels like my head), has now settled to a very nice "Full Bloom" rounded shape (Jeff was right ;) ) , seems to hold more water than a sunken ship, dries easily and it is so easy to raise a lather, I reckon I could form lather thick enough to "render" your walls, with this brush and the leftover bit from a cup of coffee.
    Absolutely, Hands Down, the best value for money purchase I have had from a "Cheap Chinese" eBay purchase in a very very long time. I intend to find another and buy it too, cause if one is this good, then two would have to be AWESOME :bounce015: (More always = Better, Right???)
    I (Really) think what I want to do is use one exclusively for my favorite soap/cream so it picks up and retains the smell of it, while the other I will use for "everything else"

15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

What the heck............I would go ahead and keep it! :D

16. offroad64

Great brush I wish I had grabbed more. Some pics of mine 20131227_173005.jpg 20131227_173041.jpg

17. Peter Cupitt

Whoa man, what a nice collection you have. Kudos. My collection is not quite on the same level, but it's getting there :drool:

18. offroad64

Give it time a little light some fertilizer and proper watering your collection could grow nice and large. Sorry wrong forum;)

swarden43 likes this.