My first 'real' shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by saltypete, Jan 30, 2009.

1. saltypete

saltypete New Member

G'day, As I posted in my intro, I received my first DE razor yesterday and the first shave with it was pretty scary. I have spent a week in the forums and online trying to pick up techiques to use, but that first shave was tentative.
    Armed with all I have learned through reading and practice from yesterday, todays shave was better than any I've had with a cartridge razor. I got a couple of nicks (mostly on the old bumps left over from my cartridge razor use) and i have a lot to learn about technique but I'm really encouraged. It probably helps that I have a goatee and mo, and therefore most of the parts I shave are fairly flat. It is great to think that if I get a good shave on my 2nd attempt, after lots more practice, my shaves should be amazing. I would like to thank this community and the knowledge contained on these boards for helping me begin what I hope will become a consuming passion.
    Have a good weekend!!

Pete

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Welcome Pete. Glad it went well.

E.W.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Congrats on that shave.. Keep it up.:happy023

Fuzzy

4. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Way to go Pete!!! It just keeps getting better and better, and yes...consuming.

5. TeachMe

TeachMe New Member

Congrats, keep with it and your technique will likely improve quickly. I have only been shaving with DE for a couple of weeks now, but I can already tell a noticeable improvement in my technique. Still no BBS shaves, but much less irritation and no cuts--works for me.