My Karve Just Arrived

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Mar 7, 2019.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Gentlemen
    Yesterday the Karve showed up and after quickly opening it, I was very pleased to see a well-made and finished razor. I ordered it with the "D" plate and the 3.5" handle.
    Loaded it with a new Feather, Lathered up and went to work. I really didn't have any idea about the D plate or what to expect. Well...it is VERY efficient. I don't think I'll be getting anything more aggressive than this. Had a very nice shave, the razor is 118 grams, which I like, and is very manoeuvrable as well. A matte finish which can be polished should you prefer that...I like the matte personally. The handle length was perfect and the knurling provided a slip-free surface. I did give myself a couple of weepers but that was due more to shaving with a Cooper razor with a Merkur blade two days ago. Those little buggers are aggressive and the Merkur, for me, just isn't a good blade.
    I also have a "C" base and cap arriving which I'm going to pair up with a Charcoal Goods "Vertigo" handle in brass. Should look good.
    The Karve is a great razor, excellent construction, fit and finish. Very well priced and enjoyable to shave with.
    fullsizeoutput_88.jpeg fullsizeoutput_87.jpeg fullsizeoutput_86.jpeg

Hembree, brit, Primotenore and 8 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of excitement over the new open comb version, They are going to sell like hot cakes. Good review hope to hear more. The brass is a real white color is that a different brass than the deep rich gold color.

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Yep, but I expect with time and wear, the colour may deepen.

Hembree and brit like this.