My New Brush Rotation

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by huck1680, Feb 23, 2023.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Good Morning
    I now have the shaving brush rotation I'm going to be using for the foreseeable future. But then who knows what else might pop up.
    Currently I have 4 Boar brushes and 3 Synthetics. One of which is my take-apart travel brush (synthetic). I just got my vintage stamp carousel and it fits my brushes perfectly. The Boar brushes are 3 Zeniths and one Danidom. The two synthetics are WCS products 26 mm.
    I've found so far breaking in the boars is going well. They do tend to be better at hard soap and mug lathering as opposed to bowl lathering with a soft/creme soap. But I imagine the boars will loosen and soften up. The Danidom tends to shed more than the Zeniths but is getting better.
    Now the synthetics when they arrived were a bit large for what I'm used to but HOLY CRAP do they ever work with soft/creme soaps and bowl lathering. Seriously build great lather and are very comfortable as well. The boars tend to be a bit better at exfoliating but that's not a complaint.
    So all in all the brush situation for me has been pretty much solved. Really enjoying this switch and all the best to everyone as well.
    IMG_2583.jpg IMG_2584.jpg

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet!!
    My concern would be scratches from the bare metal. I've seen where other folks have covered the "fingers" with rubber shrink tubing.

stuartganis likes this.
  3. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Yep. I cut down some Gorilla tape and covered the prongs so they won't scratch the brushes.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©