My new den...uh, shelf :)

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Old School, May 1, 2013.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Well I've successfully commandeered a shelf in the bathroom. Previously it housed a couple of picture frames, a candle and some other tchotchke's. First I put my Fat Boy up there, after I caught my wife just throw it in a drawer, removing it from the counter. Next, I took my old spice mug out of the medicine cabinet and put it up there. I then spread out all of my wifes stuff on that medicine cabinet shelf and told her she deserved more space for all of her femine items :) . I said I keep the razor on the shelf because, laugh at me or not, I like it. I think, after she laughed, that she got I was not kidding. Now, the total removal of all the junk and the transformation to MY official shave den/shelf happend over about a month, item by item. It's no haven, but a dedicated space in the bathroom that's mine. With one main bath upstairs, a wife and 2 kids, I'll take it! den.jpg

Daytonkb, Ceferguson, Spud and 18 others like this.
  2. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Woot! Looks classy. Your tactics are a hoot :happy102:

3. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

That is a handsome shelf!

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

nice shelf to monut the nice shave gear.:cool:

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy096: Your ShaveSelf looks "GREAT"!! Your shaving stuff looks "SO" much nicer than picture frames or a candle.. Now "over time of course" you can add a couple more shelves or a nice little cabinet, like a spice rack kind of affair..:)
    Any space that is dedicated to just your stuff is definitely a haven!!!! :happy088:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Lookin' great! I really like the simplicity of it.

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I like how you got your Significant Other to accept the shelf as yours. You devious man you! ;)
    Nice shelf BTW!

8. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Very nice looking.

9. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

I like it. Nice and simple, "tools" only.

10. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Nice self you have there. I'd love to have something as simple as that. You don't have it bad. I still keep most of my stuff in my bedroom.

11. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Hey thanks everyone. I'm hoping the limited space may curb my RAD :) With the razor assortment, mixed badger, silver tip badger and synthetic silver tip (all Col. Conk BTW) I'm feeling pretty set on hardware (for now). The assorment of blades, soaps, creams and pre shave oils resides in a rubber maid bin in the linen closet where they'll likely remain.

12. drew23

drew23 Active Member

Really like the executive Fat Boy.

13. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks Drew, after searching in antique stores to no avail for what seemed like forever (2 months) I bought it off the bay. It was listed as a "gold Fat Boy" in good condition currently at $54 with 2 minutes to go when I first saw it. I bid $65 thinking I'd drive up the bid and see what it would go for with my wife over my shoulder...She wasn't too thrilled when I won it for $62! Frankly, I was very concerned as well, I hadn't really even read the description or looked at the pics. When it arrived it looked like NOS w/a D3 date code! I got really lucky! I must say, BTW, nice avatar :angry021: , check sig...

14. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    BTW, No 1 is full of blades, No 3 canister is full of puck soaps and creams! The razor in the middle my dad just gave me. Said he found it laying around, it was my grandpops. No date code, just made in the USA and Gillette. It's an open comb. Any ideas to identify it appreciated!

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am truly sorry to hear about your wife as you described her. The razor sounds like a 20s Old Type.

trey06dmd likes this.
  16. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Never been happier...don't feel sorry for me.

idvsego and trey06dmd like this.
  17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Afraid I can't see the razor your talking about. Is it a 2/3 piece razor or a TTO?

18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

The simplicity makes it cool.

19. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Looks Great, enjoy!

20. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Update

Attached Files: