My other "addiction" ... PIF *DONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Dusty5150, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

Well, I caught the PIF bug! This PIF is brought to you by your typical newbie AD frenzy.

Up for grab's is a Gillette Super Speed (Y3/1953). This razor was PIF'd to me so I could try a milder razor than my Merkur 33C, and I have since acquired a couple of very similar razors, so I'm going to pass this one on. This PIF is open to any member, from anywhere, that does not already own a 50's superspeed. I'm trusting in your honesty here.

3/8/12 edit: since I received my card of Voskhod's yesterday I'm going to throw in a 5 pack with this PIF. The Voskhod worked really well for me in this razor, hopefully it will for the winner of my PIF as well.

I have another addiction that consumes my life moreso than this one does. What you're going to need to do is guess correctly what my other addiction is, and then tell me what KC:12 has to do with it. You can use this thread or PM's, that's your call; I will use PM's to validate guesses. I'm going to randomly drop clues almost everytime I post on TSD from now until 11:59:59 p.m. on March 31st, or until someone get's it. If no one gets it correct by 11:59:59 p.m. on March 31st I'll pick the winner at random.

:signs136:

Good luck!

List of active particpants:
    BossManBill
    xCarbonSteelx
    5Savages

2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Good one, Dusty!!

3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Allright, Dusty, great! :happy096:
    I've got a '50-s SS razor myself, so don't count me in! It's a British Flare Tip Rocket and I can only say one thing about it: awesome!
    So good luck to the contestants, there's something great waiting for you to win!

4. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Would love one as my last one was pifed to my dad so he could get back into the wet shaving

macaronus likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy096:

6. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great PIF.

7. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I think I know, but already have plenty of Super Speeds. Great PIF!

8. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

It's not what I thought it was blanka, and knowing that I'm even more confused than ever as to what it could be. I can't wait to find out what the answer is!

9. truegreen

truegreen New Member

Great PIF. Don't count me in. I have a 40's superspeed, I use it regularly and love it. Very good razor.

10. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

My guess is that you are into photography or using a video camera. KC:12 = Kessler Crane 12 foot.

The crane is used to hold the camera.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Great PIF! Glad to hear our enabling skills around here are still as sharp as ever. :signs136:

12. Dusty5150

PIF updated, see first post :D

13. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Can we guess more than once, or is is one and done?

14. Dusty5150

guess as much as you like!

15. 5Savages

Great, I've got this one
    :)

16. Dusty5150

You sure do!

Congrats to 5Savages, send me your coordinates.

My other addiction is disc golf. I discovered the sport back in '98, jumpin with both feet up to my eyeballs and have never looked back. All aspects of disc golf consume my life; I've designed and installed courses, created and ran local leagues & clubs, organized and ran tournaments, and of course have played 100's of courses around North America. I even had the opportunity to compete in the US Amateur Championships a couple of years in a row. I also collect frisbees; their history is akin to razors really; the design and development is astonishing. From the original pie plates used by the students in Mass. to the high-speed super fast long distance drivers we use for disc golf today - it's really amazing. There are courses all over the world, most of which exist in city parks, are free to play, and can be found in pretty much every US state and Canadian Province. The PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association) governs the sport, and the professional National Tour in the US is growing exponentially every year. The competitive aspect in only part of it, as disc golf is a great general pastime/hobby. I play regular casual golf with friends at least twice a week, all year round. We even play at night with glow in the dark frisbees!

The second part of my question was somewhat of a clue; KC:12 refers to Clearwater Florida disc golfer Ken Climo and his 12 world championship titles - he is disc golf's Tiger Woods. This man dominated professional disc golf in the US during the 90's and still competes at the highest level, challenging the young guns of today even in his 40's.

The main purpose of the PIF was to introduce people to the sport & community that I love so much; if you're looking for a fun, inexpensive, healthy activity to try with your kids or even by yourself, check out disc golf! www.pdga.com

Thanks to the three guys that attacked my inbox, it was very entertaining reading your guesses!

and this PIF is, done!

:wave:

PanChango likes this.
  17. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winner!

18. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Sweet job you Savage!! Congrats on the win! And Dusty, thanks for the marriage counseling. :)

Dusty5150 likes this.
  19. 5Savages

Awesome, thanks for the very generous PIF!

BTW, the way I figured it out was by looking at his profile page. He had posted the number 3359678 last night. I googled that and found it to be the patent number for the original Frisbee. Very cool

I used to play disc golf back in the early to mid 80's. My friend's older brother, at the time, was a nationally ranked player. I haven't played in years, however....Decades really. I think when it warms up a bit I'll take my boys out and introduce them to this excellent game!

Dusty5150 likes this.
  20. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Awesome! My wife and I used to play disc golf for awhile after a physical therapist I worked for introduced us to the sport. We have a lot of fun with it and look forward to playing with our kids as they get older.

Great use of a PIF Dusty!

Edit: And a Congrats to Pat as well. Well done finding that patent code on his profile page. I thought a clue was found in his signature, but alas I was wrong.

Dusty5150 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.