My Palmolive Lemon Shave Cream (Indian Version) Review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by BaldSoxFan, Mar 20, 2015.

1. BaldSoxFan

BaldSoxFan Member

Last weekend while I was cruising the Indian grocery stores in town looking for Palmolive Menthol or Vi John, I came across a 70G tube of the Indian Palmolive Lemon Shave Cream at an Indian grocery store called Patel Brothers for $2.99. While I wanted the Menthol version, I had to try the Lemon at this price.

Price: 10/10....For under $3, this cream seems like a real bargain to me. It goes for $7--$8 on the various shaving stores online, so I was glad to find it locally at this price and it is a nice cream for this price range.

Quality: 9/10.......It seems a tad bit soapy, but not too bad. The packaging is nice and the ingredients seem to be mostly standard stuff.

Scent: 9/10: While I am a fanatical menthol lover, I do also enjoy lime and lemon scents. The scent from this cream is definitely a nice lemon scent and it is quite noticeable, but not to the point of being overpowering.

Lather: 10/10: After putting a dime sized amount in the bowl and lathering with my boar brush, I was able to get a nice, full lather very quickly and easily. It was enough for 2 passes and maybe 3 if needed.

Efficacy: 10/10...This is a no frills cream, but boy did it provide a nice shave. My face was BBS and had a nice lemon scent, so I feel like I'll really get my money's worth for $2.99.

Moisturizing: 9/10.....It doesn't moisturize as well as organic/artisan creams out there, but it feels more moisturizing than the mainstream goos and gels out there and definitely didn't dry my skin out at all.

Recap: While I still want to try the Palmolive Menthol and would rather use something chilly, this is a nice cream and I will likely buy again especially since I can find it locally. If I don't find the menthol version for a good price, I may just buy this again and add a few drops of M Bomb or Peppermint Oil to it. The store also had Palmolive Moisturizing, which I'd never heard of and might have to try next. It'll be hard to resist the temptation to buy tons of this stuff there the next time the girlfriend sends me to get real curry or vindaloo paste.

2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

:eatdrink047:Great review! Thanks! My face can't handle menthol but I like citrus, so I will be looking for it locally.

crackstar likes this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I like the Palmolive classic, so I'll have to keep a look out for this as well.

4. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

For sure, NOT a natural one.

I agree on the other points.
    On the cheap side, a great product with high value.

And, grrrrrrrrrrrrreen packaging is outstanding !!!

urrlord and Droo78 like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It smells and lathers great but I found it a bit drying and irritating to my skin. I gave it away to my brother-in-law after one use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDK likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@Yehuda D
    Wow! Been doing some digging in the old posts, eh, Jeff? :D

SDK likes this.
  7. SDK

SDK it's his fault

He was a man who had something to say today.

I can respect that lol....

swarden43 likes this.