My retreat

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by mastermute, Oct 28, 2008.

1. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I love to go out to the countryplace! It's nothing fancy, simple living, and nowdays also an internet connection ;).

It has electricity, but there is nothing better than fireing up the woodburner, sit back, have a glass of red and just enjoy the silence accompanied by the sparkle and crackle of the logs in the fire...

And in then morning, a long walk in the forrest with the dogs, that's quality of life to me!

What's your favourite retreat, where you go/what do you do to relax and rejuvinate?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Bed. :)

3. encino

encino New Member

I second bed.
    Or in the backyard in my jocks sunbaking.

4. rwb

rwb Member

in the wods in my box blind wating on supper to walk by.

5. dmikel

dmikel New Member

Where I live this is what my morning walk looks like:

[​IMG]

And these are my neighbors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

My dad made a pond on some land in my home town. Nowhere more relaxing for me than sitting on the dock with a beer and a fishing rod. I will have to find some old pictures, the ones I have online all include me and a fish. ;)

When I can afford to go again, Alaska in the summer is the most amazing place I have ever seen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Camping, anywhere. It's a great break from the "real" world.

8. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Middle of Yellowstone in the back country during bear season. No one goes out during that time. So you are all alone, adrenaline pumping, senses heightened. Thrilling.

9. djwurm

djwurm New Member

All I can think of when I see that picture is how good those horns would look in my Dads hunting room...

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Did that moose do something to offend you? Those antlers look great - right where they are.

11. djwurm

djwurm New Member

nope.. My Dad and I are avid hunters and one thing we do not have yet is a moose. I have the following: Elk, couple of white tail Deer, Black Tail, Mule Deer, Antelope, Turkey, Pheasant, Quail, Hog, and Javelina all mounted in my section of the hunting room trophy section..

12. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I do the hiking thing. Nice to leave the real world and just wind up atop a mountain.

13. dmikel

dmikel New Member

Some of us think the real world IS atop a mountain.

14. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Unfortunately not mine.

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Dare I say, I'm there now.. a glass of red in my hand, and the woodburner heating the house... oh, delightful bliss!

16. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Add another who love to hike. Of course any time I'm away from the technology with just a few people I care about (or even one person) it's a retreat. Some of the most amazing places I've been:
    -Valdez Bay in Alaska
    -Denalia National Park in Alaska
    -Sequioa National Park in California
    -My Dad's property in Northern Minnesota
    -Black Hills National Forest in South Dakota
    -Bar Habor, Maine (the harbor itself, moreso than the town)
    -

17. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I just got back from there, the beach. Nice cool day here (55 degrees) for a brisk walk. Fresh air, the sound of the waves, very relaxing. Just might light up the outdoor fireplace tonight and open some vino. :D

18. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I've been to Mn a couple of times, first time was in May, and our friends live in St Paul, we had the privilge to borrow their car and drove up to Duluth, it was the lovliest drive in my life (Well, one of them.. a drive in the Austrian alps takes your breath away too!)! Full spring in St.Paul, and when we came to Duluth, the ice was still thick in the bay! I can certainly understand why so many Swedish emigrants decided to settle in Mn! I'd love to go there again!

19. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Kicking back at my deer lease in Junction,TX. along the Llano river.Drinking beer,grilling steaks and telling stories.

20. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That's my dream, too. Oh, wait, I'm very close to living it right now :D Small town, next to no traffic, woods and fields just outside the front door and a cockle stove to keep the kitchen and living room warm in the winter :)