My Secret to a Zero Irritation Shave

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Crappy, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Crappy

Crappy Member

So I've hopped out of the shower smelling all fresh and prepare for my shave. I whip up a batch of lather with Hydrolast Paste/Activator/Cube and a shot a KMF Lime. I enjoy the nice lathering with the brush and get set. I pick up my trusty Merkur HD and make my first WTG pass. Wow!!! No tugging at all! About halfway through my WTG passes I notice it. The Feather blade sitting on the counter. No wonder it felt so smooth. It's hard to feel any cutting when the blade is sitting on the counter. Don't I feel stupid. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has forgotten to put the blade in.

Attached Files:

2. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Sorry,

I can't help you feel better but my wife is a psychologist. Do you want me to arrange an appointment for you :happy102

Seriously though, I've heard of others doing that so I think you're in good company :D

3. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Yup. I did it with a Super Speed. It was the second week I owned it, had taken out a blade and discarded it, but not inserted a new one. I remember the AMAZINGLY smooth first stroke and thinking "WOW! Now THIS is a razor!"

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Wow! A fantastic DFS (no, that is Dog's Fur Smooth, LOL) shave!
    :happy102

5. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Crap. Now I realize that Derby I've been putting in my Aristocrat has been the thing responsible for screwing up my shave every day.

6. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Not yet!;)

marty

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Thanks for that...............:happy102. I needed the laugh.
    Humility is good for the soul.
    Thanks for sharing.

Hasnt happened to me. Yet. But Ive been known to drink and shave :eatdrink047