My Smeller is Messed Up

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by poppi, Feb 10, 2022.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Had a bout of covid last month and it messed with my sense of smell pretty bad. I had loved my Seaforth! Shave Soaps and their scents. Not so much now. What I can smell isn't that nice to me now and that SUCKS! cuz these soap work so well for me.

I don't know if anyone else has had this happen. If so, did your sense of smell come back? How long did it take?

2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Over a year later I can smell things but not everything smells the way it used to. My sense of smell is still muted, not as vibrant and vivid. And I randomly get whiffs of something metallic or smoky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Lost my sense of smell from Covid for about a week or so. I used Williams, since I didn't have to put up with the skeeter-be-gone smell. I didn't want to use up a good smelling soap I couldn't smell.
    Yes, it comes back.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Try "huffing" some arko (which I actually like). That should reset the ol' olfactories.

twhite likes this.
  5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

:happy093::happy093::)

richgem likes this.
  6. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Or the veg. This will wake up your sense of smell in a fight or flight situation or it will kill you.

richgem likes this.
  7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

My sense of smell came back slowly over about a month. I used Williams too. It was one of the first things I could smell when it started coming back and I was relieved to be able to smell anything, even Williams. :)

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Don't you have a bad smelling soap that actually lathers well?

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

No. My only soaps at the time were Tabac, VdH Deluxe, VdH Luxury, and several Stirling soaps. All lather great. I've added several TSD soaps since, now that JoAnna has them available again :happy093: Besides, it gave me a chance to see what might actually work with Williams. For me, more water and more time on the puck. There were still some misses, but I did get the occasional hit more often. My opinion, you can read "more time on the puck" as "fighting with the soap with hopes you might get a decent lather."

After 14 years or so at this, I'm pretty set with what I like. I stopped buying anything and everything just to try it awhile (a while?) ago.

Erik Redd likes this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

That stuff is nasty!

americanshamrock likes this.