My trip to Shaving Mecca

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Shotwell, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

So I had to travel for work this week in southeastern Michigan and northern Ohio, so I planned a little detour to Adrian to finally stop in at Maggard's. I've bought a few things from them online in the past but have wanted to visit their store for a long time.

I'd thought it was going to be a relatively small storefront, but it turned out to be much larger than I expected. Their range of soaps and aftershaves is -- to put it mildly -- impressive and quite comprehensive. I was a bit overwhelmed. They also have a pretty massive selection of modern and vintage razors, blades, brushes, and other equipment as well as straights and hones.

Here are a couple of photos / videos I grabbed while there. They don't do this place justice, though. I will definitely need to make a return trip when I have more time to browse!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453383990.171745.jpg

As for what I bought, I kept my purchases to a minimum this time because I'm saving up for a new car. But I got a sample of Fine Platinum aftershave (they were sadly out of stock or I would have bought a bottle or two of it... Discovered I love the scent), a travel handle from Maggard, one of their mild new A3 heads, a tiny omega boar travel brush, and a tub of Soap Commander "Inspiration" (Japanese grapefruit) soap. Was tempted to also pick up a cake of Haslinger Honig soap (which I like much better than the Meeresalgen) and another bottle of Proraso Green a/s since I'm running low, but I held off for now to keep everything in this trip under $50.

Anyway, if you ever go anywhere near southeastern Michigan, I highly recommend you stop by Maggard's. Beautiful store and although Brad and Casey weren't in when I was there, the store manager Colin was super helpful and friendly.

ObiDon, Joef, Kizurra and 6 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is super cool! One day... One day

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Kizurra and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wow! Surprised you only spent $50. :happy088:

Kizurra, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

With my budget where it is right now, it was spend $50 now or incur the wrath of SWMBO. I wrecked my car a couple of weeks ago and am going car shopping today.

This was my car.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453386188.101196.jpg

And this is the car of the woman who slammed on her brakes in front of me. If I could have SEEN her brake lights we would never have had the accident. She had up to a half inch of dried mud caked all over her car. :/
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453386524.692287.jpg

5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Thank for the report! I would really like to get back there and meet Casie and Brad. They are having a "get together" in May, who knows.............maybe?

Kizurra, RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Did you get sighted by the cops? I would think she should enough this taillights. The guy in the back always has more damage. Good luck.

As for Maggard, great stuff.

Kizurra, RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Maggard's is a awesome place. They have a great selection and the customer service is second to none.

Marverel, Kizurra and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

What a great field trip! Thanks for sharing. :happy088:

Marverel and Kizurra like this.
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Wow that's one large store. I could spend hours there just starring and touching things like a 5 year old at toys are us.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Marverel likes this.
  10. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

yup - I guess I should not enter this shop without adult supervision ;)

thanks for sharing :happy088: looks amazing