My two prized razors

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Suhrim21, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

Here are my two prized razors. The first razor is the razor I fell in love with when I first got into wet shaving. About a month and a half after it was still for sell and I got it. It's a kikuboshi super kikuboshi. It shaves like a dream. Pictures do not do the scales justice. I absolutely love this razor. The second one I love as well it's the first razor I bought. It's an ERN 1910. Great shaver. I fell in love with the gold etching on the blade. These are two razors I wouldn't get rid of to save my life.

20190418_155749_compress28.jpg 20190418_155938_compress59.jpg 20190418_155957_compress65.jpg 20190418_160120_compress53.jpg 20190607_164101_compress43.jpg 20190607_164112_compress93.jpg

Karl G, RezDog, DaltonGang and 17 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Beautiful razors. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, Hembree and Terry like this.
  3. Suhrim21

I will work on getting pics of my other razors and post them.

Billyfergie, Leclec13 and Hembree like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Very nice! :love055:

Billyfergie and Edison Carter like this.
  5. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

My two favs are a slim adjustable that is my birth razor and a blue tip...both of which were gifted to me by Kevin, a member.
    I use mostly straights now, but these two are my touch up razors...always, and I always think of Kev when using them, it was sooo generous of him and I was just new again to wet shaving.

Billyfergie and Edison Carter like this.
  6. Suhrim21

I want to find a birthy razor so bad. Haven't been able to find any from 1982 and especially 3rd quarter.

Billyfergie and Robert1955 like this.
  7. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Nice razors!

Billyfergie likes this.
  8. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Beautiful razors, so many good ones so little time to try them all!

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Oh yes... I love a beautiful ERN, and yours is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.
    Tom

Billyfergie and brit like this.
  10. Suhrim21

I have two other ERN razors as well. One has the gold etching on the blade that says Primus and has little scrolls on spine. I will take pics and post. The other one I got to restore. The gold etching is the same as the 1910 but very faded. It also has darker oxidation spots on the blade. I've done the best I can as far as restoring it. It's not perfect but I love the gold etching. I'll post pics of that as well. I picked it up for somewhere between 10-15 bucks. So really can't complain. Just need to get it honed better.

I have a razor I got for 5 bucks that has a vertical crack from edge about a third of the way up. In the store I thought it was just a scratch. But I'm thinking instead of honing messing up and honing again loosing all that steel I'm going to use the cracked razor to learn how to hone properly before touching the good razors again. I also have a beau brumel razor I'm restoring that I got for 9.99. Blade has darkened over the whole thing. Not rust just dark dark. I'm working on sanding it for the scales off but got a small crack on each pin hole. Need to figure out how to repair those as I do not want to loose the scales. That's one reason I bought the razor. But I am having fun learning how to restore razors.

11. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Very cool plans!

I hear cracked blade and I think... SHORTY!

Could be fun and a little different practice in restoring.

Billyfergie likes this.
  12. Suhrim21

Yea could be fun to make a shorty. Firts though I am going to use it to learn how to hone properly.

TestDepth likes this.
  13. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, nice razors.

14. Suhrim21

Thanks. And another name I recognize from the other forum.

oscar11 likes this.
  15. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

A masterpiece indeed!!!! Thanks for sharing

Trigger likes this.
  16. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Beautiful razors. I would never part with them either.

Trigger likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

lovely razors sir..

18. Suhrim21

Thank you. I'm working on getting a few really nice razors.

brit likes this.