My vintage ever-ready 208 (?)

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by fat_boy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

This brush belonged to the grandfather of SWMBO. MIL found it at their cottage. I washed it up and found it handily outperforms my Parker boar bristle. Now, a few questions:

Model no. Opposite of label says 208. Yet when I Google that it doesn't show anywhere. Is that correct?

About how old is this? He passed away in the late 60's. So I know it's at least that old.

Can anyone tell me if that's badger or boar hair? The knot is holding together quite well for its age. I Will eventually replace it, but as long as it's holding together, I think I'll save my $$$.

I have yet to see another like it anywhere I have looked. (I'm sure they're out there.) Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG][​IMG]

BigMark likes this.
  2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Check out eBay. There are a few like that. It came with some Old Spice mugs. Nice find! Search 'every ready shave brush' on the bay.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Oooo, that's nice. I like it.

4. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

Thank you. The MIL said there was a mug with it, but didn't know where it was.

5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Beautiful brush! It's more than likely boar, most of the ER's that came with badger hair knots I've seen or own will say badger somewhere on them, I think it was kind of an advertising thing since the badger hair brushes generally cost more.

They made umpteen gazillion different style handles, usually the model number was the suggested retail price, that is a 100 was $1.00, 200 was $2.00 etc. Are you sure it isn't a 200, I can't really tell in your picture.

Also, if you want to restore the lettering to dress it up a little, check THIS THREAD

entropy1049 likes this.
  6. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

I cleaned the number up with a brush and it really looks like an 8. I'll see if I can get a better pic when I get home.

7. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

I'm gonna have to try that. Thank you. You do good work.