Mystery OC ID?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by AGHisBBS, Jan 14, 2016.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I got this razor off the Bay (for a nice low price) and I really like it. The only thing I have to compare it to is my Fatip and I find the shaves similar. There is no markings on the razor at all. Anyone recognize this razor? DSCN0017.JPG DSCN0016.JPG DSCN0018.JPG DSCN0019.JPG DSCN0020.JPG DSCN0021.JPG DSCN0022.JPG

Billyfergie, gorgo2 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

It looks to me like its a Frankenrazor. A common bar handle and a no name German? Head. The common bar handle being Gillette. I hope this input helps.

Billyfergie, gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Can't say I recognize the razor, other than it looks like a bar handle mated to an "Old Style" OC head, but if you got it for a good price and it gives you a good shave then :happy096: you made a GOOD SCORE!!!:happy088:

burnout961, gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Whatever it is, I think it's a complete razor. The lengthwise ribbing on the handle is not the same knurling that the bar handle has. Some kind of European knockoff? A nicely done one for sure.

Billyfergie, AGHisBBS and preidy like this.
  5. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Agree. I have a NEW SC with a bar handle that I'm holding it in my hand comparing to the pic. Not with standing the color disparity (gold vs silver) it appears to me that the neck of the silver handle is more elongated than my SC. At first glance it's close but no cigar. I think the silver handle is a clone - but a nice looking one.

Billyfergie, gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. AGHisBBS

Thanks for your input guys. Whatever it is (I'm going with no name complete) it's a fine razor that I got for about $8 shipped. I guess it shaves well enough that it doesn't need a name, though suggestions for a brand new name are welcome.

Billyfergie, Herm2502 and gorgo2 like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have a name for it:
    Open Comb CLASSIC by Stewey.

Billyfergie, AGHisBBS and twhite like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Lol if that's how you spell Stewey..

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. AGHisBBS

OK it's official. My razor is now named The Open Comb Classic by Stewie! It now shaves no different now that it has a name!

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Lol awesome..

Billyfergie and AGHisBBS like this.