Name of German DE razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jack Ritter, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Jack Ritter

Jack Ritter New Member

I have a vintage German razor, no markings on the razor, but it came with its original box. It is missing 1 or 2 letters in the brand name. The marking is as follows: M??nurhin and then under that is mulhouse with another name/word prior to that. An image will not help. The razor itself has the twisted head, not sure of the exact name of that design. Once I have a name, I will be happy to post an image with it, but no reason before, it really isn't a unique DE. Thank you for any help you could provide.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you're going to be hanging out for a while, stop by The Welcome Center and introduce yourself!

"Slant"? The blade is tipped down on the face side right end, away side left end?
    Here's a photo of a German made vintage 3 piece DE, the Lutz.
    Luts Slant Angle.png I was Slant Curious so I picked this NOS NIB 1930's unit in a trade. Tipping a regular DE to achieve a scything pass give much the same effect.

3. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

The type you are trying to describe is called a Slant Safety Razor. I disagree with the pictures. If you would post picture of the Box and Razor there is more likelyhood that someone will recognize what you have.

RyX likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, sounds like a slant. Like @Weasel640 said, pictures would probably help. Do introduce yourself. I see you are a seasoned shaver. Welcome. At 70, I am enjoying my shaves every day. It is now a pleasure and not a chore.

RyX likes this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

6. Jack Ritter

Jack Ritter New Member

Yes, that is the type of head, however it looks just like many, but with no nomenclature. The box has the name on it, I just have not been able to figure out the missing letters. So, without that information, posting the head will do no good for anyone. Thanks for reading and taking your time.

RyX likes this.
  7. Jack Ritter

Jack Ritter New Member

The one pictured looks just like mine. However the box/case does not say Lutz, and the case is/was made specifically for the razor that is in it. Exact fit. I found several more images of the Lutz pictured, and it appears that mine is a Lutz in some others case. Go figure. Thanks again to all. I am giving up on what the full name is in the box. I am going with Lutz

RyX likes this.
  8. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Please post a picture of the box and razor. Like I said, someone may recognize the lettering/logo. Also you never now If someone finds the same box empty later then they would be able to see what had been in it.

RyX and brit like this.