Need a little enabling help

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Zykris, Oct 28, 2018.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Do you need anything from your list?
    If not, I'd put the money in a jar and add to it as you can for a better boar, or soap, after-shave.
    I have a number of boar brushes and the Semogue Owners Club is fantastic.
    Just an idea. :)

Zykris and Screwtape like this.
  2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Why would he get one of the Doppelganger soaps when he's looking for a Bay Rum? PAA has the Atomic Age Bay Rum available now in the normal formula and the luxury CK-6 formula.

Screwtape likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

AHHHH, he said the E word!!!!! :eek:

Zykris and ordinaryshaver like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Zykris likes this.
  5. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I really like the Jeeves Bay Rum. Also the Bay Rum soap from the TSD Shop, which is a pure bay rum EO. Having said that, the earlier enabler pointing you to the Straight Razor Designs sale had a good point. I have bought from there before -- good vendor with competitive prices before the sales markdown...

Paul Turner and Zykris like this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

After reviewing the comments and such heres what I found. SRD is out of the soap. My wife needed something from Amazon, so it looks like I'll be getting the 1305 since I have four dollars credit on my account and free shipping. Although, you guys did out a lot of stuff into my head for future purchases. Lol

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Grab the 1305. My favorite boar I think. As @ordinaryshaver said I am a fan of the Kramperts Bay Rum soap. I would recommend it.

Screwtape and Zykris like this.
  8. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Kramperts I have on the backburner for now. I couldn't get the 1305 as it was out of stock by the time I went to order it. So instead I went with a 1460. Let's see how that baby works out.

Screwtape likes this.
  9. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Well, it's a higher number so it should work even better, shouldn't it? ;)

Enrico and Zykris like this.
  10. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

LOL! we'll see.

Enrico likes this.
  11. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

A budget is good thing. I wish when I started I would have done this. Question if you do not mind me asking what is your monthly budget?
    Mine is 25 bucks a month. So I look for sales and good shipping cost.
    For value have you tried Olso soaps or aftershave. Another very good product and many great scents is Stone Cottage soaps. They have 3oz jars for 4.50.
    Take care.

Zykris likes this.
  12. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

now a days I stay in the 20-30 first range. Those two products I haven't tried. I'll look into it. The 1460 semogue is a nice little brush, ended up getting Mens Shaving Co Bay rum; not bad, a GD 1996 new acrylic no stabilizer straight. With my Amazon credit, I spent 22 dollars. Pure gold. Didn't even knew I had a little credit left. Lol