Need help with EJ brush!!!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by coche1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

Ok, here's the deal: I have a chrome EJ badger hair brush that my wife gave me as part of a gift set last year for Christmas. When I finished shaving yesterday as I was wringing the water out of it, the entire knot pulled out! Can I just glue that same knot back into the handle, or do I need to get a new knot? What kind of glue should I use? Is it worth trying to contact Edwin Jagger directly to see if they'd do anything (fix, replace, etc?) or after a year am I on my own?

I like the bristles of the brush and would like the cheapest, longest-lasting fix possible (in other words there is not a compelling reason for me to spend money on a new knot unless it is necessary, or if the old knot is not going to adhere properly...). Thanks!

2. D_popkin

D_popkin New Member

I don't know about the brush, but I know that EJ customer service is awesome. I had an issue with my razor and they sent me a replacement one no problem. The only thing is you have to wait 24hr for a response due to the time difference.

battle.munky likes this.
  3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'd contact them as well. See what they can do. If not, you should be able to glue the knot back in with some epoxy for about $8. What you may find is that depending on the brush, EJ may just tell you to keep the messed up one and they send you a replacement, in which case, you still spend the $8 and then fix your old one too.

I've heard they are awesome in the customer care department like D_popkin said. Luckily, my EJ brush and razors haven't had me try to test it myself.

4. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

A good epoxy (five minute will do) should fix it. Look closely at the knot to see where the glue was applied, clean it up, removing loose glue and spread a thin layer of epoxy on the glued surface of the handle, stick the knot back in then pull it back out to make sure the epoxy transferred to the glue plug on the bottom of the knot, if it did stick it back in and you are good to go. If it did not transfer, add epoxy a little bit at a time till you get the transfer. You do it a little at a time because you do not want to get so much epoxy in there that it will squeeze up into the brush hair. As an aside I do not wring out my brushes, just rinse well and shake the excess water off, much less strain on the knot.

battle.munky likes this.
  5. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

Thanks for the replies, but as it turns out the kit was not EJ. She got me an EJ DE89L razor to go with the kit, but the kit was actually from Bey-Berk International. I just sent them an email, so we'll see what they say. Anyone know anything about their customer service?

6. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Issue with a brush i think is different with a DE
    I our forum we had 2 members with problems with EJ brushes 9hair loosing) but the got no answer from the UK shop
    They quit trying after some weeks of wait.