New additions

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by N00bie, Apr 23, 2015.

1. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Bought a travel tech over a month ago and had the lady hold onto it until i made the roadtrip to town. Well, I went today and while there I picked up 4 more I don't know much about the models I grabbed but they looked worth and and were $5-$8 so I was snatching them left and right..

[​IMG]

2. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

SCORE !!!!!

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

very nice haul
    Gillette super speed red tip
    two techs
    Gillette black beauty
    Gillette slim
    lots a good shaves there, clean em up, your ready to go.

theFAT98 likes this.
  4. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Looks like a red tip super speed, travel tech, ball end tech, black beauty, and a slim.

Great score.

5. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

well played

6. Miles853

Miles853 Member

7. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Any of them rare or just common? I haven't cleaned them up yet but I did date them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

clint64 likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    D=1958 Red Tip Super Speed K=1965 Travel Tech J=1964 E=1959 Ball End Tech Slim. Common razors.
    V=1975 Black Beauty Super Adjustable. Both are sought after. Excellent find. Congratulations.

9. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Also, the red tip one is flared. I have a 1953 super speed and the handles are nothing alike. I'm curious why you suggest that it's a super speed?

10. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Awesome. Where did you research the date codes? I was really hoping they were older

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    http://www.razorarchive.com/gillette-date-codes The codes started with A in 1930, started over in 1955, and again in 1980.

12. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Same site then, I just messed up. Glad you corrected me on the years and figured out the models

Jayaruh likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    The Super Speeds came in different styles. The 1947 was the first and then the 50s style, black tip, the flare tips, blue and red. They were all Super Speeds. Super Speed production ended in 1974.

14. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Oooooh. I can now consider myself a bit more "dangerous" when going back for more razors then. I'm determined to find an older one without the # stamp and letter stamp now

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great Score.

17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You did very well! :happy036: