new aftershaves

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by brit, Jan 11, 2023.

1. brit

brit in a box

hello gents,seen the same old aftershaves on drug store shelves for years.brut,old spice,aqua velva,.what century is this.? would love to see something new on the shelves.lot's of cool stuff in Europe,but why not here..time for some changes..any thoughts we could send to current producers? post here .lets see what happens.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    For something new to go on the shelf, something old has to go. I'm sure that once the trickle down effects of the massive die off of the over 70's folks from covid hits, we'll see Skin Bracer replaced with Axe products.

On the other hand, hipsters might keep those old brands alive.

Old Spice for one, does regularly introduce new scents every couple of years. They just don't do as well as the original and soon leave the shelves.

Maybe stop going to drug stores for your aftershaves? In the U.S., higher end stores like Target do carry different stuff than Walgreens and Rite-Aid.

brit likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

fair enough.hipsters aside,they just prune their beards..:D..but seriously,i use Clarins aftershave,available only at London Drugs ,and made in Germany,Nivea Deep,Germany also.even Gillette aftershave is made in France.none of the new Old Spice scents see Canadian shelves.just saying..:):eatdrink047:.these no alcohol over borders laws really limit availability to everyone on this continent.

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Why not try making your own? Lots of direction/advice on line on how to do it.

brit likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I like buying Razorock aftershaves when they have those great sales and load up with soaps and other interesting shave products.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

good point,thank you.:).i could reuse some cool bottles as well.:eatdrink047:

7. brit

brit in a box

i like razo-rock aftershaves and IB.great products.my only gripe with IBis they won't use canada post for shipping.trying to navigate a delivery with their current shipper is like mooring a ferry on a beach front.:):eatdrink047:

Ron R likes this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Go vintage. Avon has a wide selection of old scents. My favorites are "Spicy" and "Island Lime". Also, you cannot go wrong with a vintage Shulton made Old Spice. You can get the Avon products at a reasonable price, but the Shulton Old Spice can become pricey.

gorgo2 and brit like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd like to see more varieties of Clubman in drug stores than just the Original.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

myself as well.there is one shop locally that has clubman original a/s and talc.happy to find them there.:):eatdrink047:

11. brit

brit in a box

i'm on the lookout for island lime as i have shulton old spice .nice stuff.:)

DaltonGang, gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

They used Canada post but something changed, If you ask them in comments they will sometimes when ordering. I have to agree with the new courier service if your tracking they usually just mention out for delivery on the day they are going to deliver it seems. Canada post is getting to expensive IMO, they want way to much money for a small parcel now a days!

brit likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh right...I forgot about the Talc.....you might find THAT too in stores.

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

been 2-3 years since i ordered from them.i used to have them deliver to my work as i could reliably get the parcel there.it would come via Purolator.:)

Ron R likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Believe it or not Walmart sell quite a bit of AS on their site.

brit likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'd be happy if OS brought back Smooth Blast. That was good stuff. As it is, I'd have no problem if current OS disappeared since it pales in comparison even to the knockoff that Vi-Jon had.

brit likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Even the vintage Avon Spicy smells close to original OS awesomeness.

:)

brit likes this.
  18. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I have seen changes over the past decade. My local Walgreens quit carrying Clubman original and Virgin Island Bay Rum. I don't usually buy Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, or Old Spice there since they're cheaper at other places so it's probably a matter of time before they quit carrying those too. I think for stores it's as simple as, does this product sell pretty quickly? Yes - keep stocking it. No - replace it with something else. I'm really not sure they think about it hard enough to say, does Target sell it for half the price? Or are we the only people around who stock it? I don't know why they don't stock slightly harder to find stuff.

brit likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Two different types of awesomeness.
    Avon Spicy vs Shulton Old Spice. Both different, both awesome both gets the wife frisky.

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

How much of them does she drink?

:rofl: