New DE razor tv commercial

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Heloguy, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

I just saw a commercial on t.v. that Rick Harris from Pawn stars is pushing a new DE razor.

It's going for $19.99

I think it's great that wet shaving is making a comeback, but I hope the prices don't start to skyrocket.

Has anyone seen this commercial?
    What are your thoughts?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Heloguy likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've seen it. And I believe you hit it right on! The prices of DE razors have gone through the roof. Exposure is a good thing for wet shaving.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

$19.99 for a Weishi? No thanks.

fram773 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

You got that right..........

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Mantic did a two part video for this razor, it's on his website called Sharpologist.

8. mld202

mld202 Member

I think the prices have already started to take a turn for the expensive, hopefully blades, soaps, and creams become more available in grocery stores and the like

9. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Not for me. I have to pay $30 for a super speed now. I can see why though. Just yesterday I stopped by the shaving aisle in Target (out of curiosity to see the prices). $20 for a 5 pack of Mach 3 blades. Locked and protected by an anti theft case. The only one who is commiting theft is Gillette IMO.

10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The YouTube account in the link was closed due to copyright violations. The commercial can stil be seen at the Micro Touch One website, however.

Heloguy, you are too lated, razor prices have already skyrocketed. That $25 Merkur 34C from six years ago now costs over twice as much. I think it unlikely that Merkur's cost of production and distribution has doubled in that time frame.

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just saw the Micro Touch One at our Walmart on the As Seen on TV aisle. It looks pretty decent. It says it is solid brass with chrome plating. At $19, I would pass. Twelve blades included, I'm thinking about $2.50 worth. The stand is probably worth $2. I would give $10 for the whole package, but $19 is way overpriced. IMHO.