New from Chicago area

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by renol, Dec 13, 2013.

1. renol

renol New Member

Greetings and salutes! I'm new to all this stuff but I decided to bite the bullet just lately. Last year I got a tub of bacon scented shaving cream and that's what started this all. It isn't your typical junk in a can but real shaving cream - the kind best applied with a brush which I was lacking until recently. Now that I've got a brush and some good cream (bacon scented or not it's better than you might think) I'm really itching to get into a true wet shave.

I work out at the airport with TSA and as many here probably know razor blades are a no go so I'm always seeing people with the double edge safety razors and they all rave about the great shaves they get using them. I love the feel of a straight blade and how clean it feels from the barber simply trimming on my neck so I'm gonna dive into the deep end and look into a starter straight edge. Little ambitious of me probably but I can't seem to stop myself. I keep reading about this wonderful experience of shaving and I want to capture that myself. I look forward to more lurking and searching through threads to answer my many questions.

Queen of Blades and Daytonkb like this.
  2. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!
    Bacon scented shaving cream? How do the ladies like it?

3. renol

renol New Member

Thanks for the welcome :)

My wife doesn't mind it either way really. Course I haven't really used it much because I lacked a brush.

soapbuddy likes this.
  4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

5. Aimless1

Aimless1 Active Member

Welcome! Glad you're here.

6. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Welcome, from one Chicagoan to another.

7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Welcome,nice to have you here. I'm from Peoria.

8. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Welcome, from a fellow Chicagoan! I'm another straight razor convert! Take it slow and enjoy your shaves!

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "renol"...........I hope you enjoy it here......:)

Since other than general rules DE shaving and Straight shaving use different techniques I.M.O. there is no deep end....If you take your time,pay attention and commit yourself to which ever style you choose,you will be rewarded with fanastic,irritation free shaves..Good luck and enjoy....:happy088:

10. renol

renol New Member

Thanks for the welcomes all :) Looks like quite the friendly place. Jon is fine for the name or renol whichever's easier.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

12. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

:signs046:to the Den!

13. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

Welcome to the den....there is a wealth of knowledge here!

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den!! The new bacon craze is funny. I've been eating bacon for 50 years! Now I'll look for bacon cream.. Yummy!!

15. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Welcome my friend, and welcome to a whole new world and a experience that is life changing!

16. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD! Sounds like an interesting job.

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Did someone say bacon?

Welcome to TSD.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Jon! :signs046: