New- Nivea Extreme Comfort with Micro-TEC

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TraderJoe, Apr 23, 2008.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I've been using that new Nivea balm with micronized particles (Micro-TEC). Sounds like hocus-pocus, but it works good.......really good. I'm typically not wild about drugstore balms, but picked this one up on a whim the other weekend while on a trip (and in a pinch) and have been very impressed with the results.

Microscopic particles?????? :happy102 I seriously laughed when I first saw it sitting on the shelf.....but I'm a sucker for new shaving stuffs so it came with me to the checkout counter, and as I mentioned I'm quite pleased with the performance.

[​IMG]

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sounds good Joe!

Did it look like they were changing their packaging? I hope there not doing away with the old extra soothing balm, I really like that one.

This sounds like some good stuff too. Thanks! :D

Good to have you back ;)

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

It seems as though this is an entirely new product, and all the pre-existing products were still being sold as is......but with everything "going plastic" now I wouldn't be surprised if they changed things around.

I always thought their glass bottles had a pour-spout that was too big and too much product dripped out. Just sayin' :D

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Joe!

I will have to check it out ;)

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Good to see you, TJ!

I picked up a bottle of this last night at CVS (on the recommendation of a friend ;)) and will try it out over the next few days. :D

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been, bro????

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Welcome back, Joe!!!

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Joe?

Where?

I don't see him.

Is it mentholated? :happy102

9. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Did you pick up one of their bottles that had the squirt spout-then you could always exchange it to a new bottle.

marty

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Soon, I'll throw a recap of the past few months, its been a whirlwind. In a nutshell, I have been travelling a lot, a couple family members have been seriously ill (one very, very critical), and other stuff.......too much stuff

Thank you :D

I love you too man.

Yes, this new formula comes in a plastic bottle, it stands upside down and squirts out like those new mustard dispensers ;)

11. sailorman

sailorman New Member

I actually like their glass bottle - I put a finger over the end, tip it up and back, then use that finger to put the balm where I need it. Typically, I only use the balm on parts where I may have gotten too close. (right above the adam's apple is a tough spot for me... for some reason). If I used it everywhere, I could see where it would be a problem though.

12. herzi

herzi Active Member

For allergics like me: In the new Nivea balm is Phenoxyethanol. Might be interesting.

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Interesting indeed. They get by for a long time without the stuff and now they start adding it? It's a mad mad mad mad world ;)

14. sanpaku

sanpaku New Member

i'm curiously following this thread. my *only* experience with nivea came before i became enlightened that shave cream comes from a tube, not a can. naturally, it wasn't a good experience. between this and the great reviews for the gentle facial cleanser, i'm curious.

note to herzi; guten tag from a fellow allergic...

15. Exeter

Exeter New Member

Licorice root has so many great uses, its no wonder it works great on your face. Throat Coat tea with licorice root soothes my throat better than anything else I've ever tried. I can only imagine that this is nice. But there's probably better out there with LR.

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Welcome to TSD, Exeter! Enjoy!

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Exeter!

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome Exeter! :cool:

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

welcome Exeter!

20. Exeter

Exeter New Member

oh wow thanks! I'm beyond impressed with the shave soap and cream I ordered from TSD, so thanks for that!

Back on topic -- I tried some of this and I really like it. Typically all I need is Old Spice, but if I mess myself up then this works well.