New Old Stock Seaforth Shaving Set

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Timwcic, Apr 1, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I would have to go look again and see what it says because all I remember is all the parts in the box were unopened.

2. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

I have only one bottle of the lotion that is still good. I do not know what it may have lost over the decade. It, to me, reminds me of old spice but with a very fruity top note. Cherry it the top note to me

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Looks like it will be Wednesday before I get there.

4. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

It really is beautiful. Why can't anybody make something like this anymore?

5. Tedolph

Well, they arrived and they are beautiful. Almost NOS. Soap unused with cardboard cover still on it (soap smells funky), seals still on talc and a/s bottles. A/S all evaporated, just a few dried up crystals in the bottom. No smell so can't guess as to what to replace it with.

WIN_20210429_19_27_54_Pro resized.jpg

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Seaforth has been brought back in two after shaves:
    https://saveyourshave.com/2020/12/10/seaforth-rebirth-of-a-classic/

"Seaforth! Heather is a classic fougère structure, but instead of a dated, oakmoss-heavy fougère, it leans to the light and soapy side. It has a crisp green note of clary sage in place of the weighty, damp green oakmoss, fortified with a big dose of French and Bulgarian lavender and sunny bergamot citrus. Along with geranium, a classically crisp, fruity-green note, Heather is an invigorating, refreshingly classic scent without feeling dated.

Seaforth! Spiced is a classic and familiar scent structure, but with fresh life breathed into it. The opening feels new by using a more modern mandarin citrus and different aldehydes. Meanwhile, the base underneath is familiar, with warm spices, creamy sweetness and a classic finish. Spiced is a new and inviting take on the classic spice scents of the mid-20th century."

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. Tedolph

Thanks for this. At this time I had a little Clubman left so I just decanted that into the Seaforth A/S bottle. When that is used up I will replace it with Heather, or maybe Diver Down. I understand that is supposed to be similar? Also, I will try to revive the soap by soaking it in VIBR. Do you think that will work?

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The oldest soap I have is Klar. It was made in West Germany before German reunification in 1990. The scent is barely noticeable, but still lathers and performs great. I didn't do anything to it, just use it the way it is.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Tedolph and Enrico like this.