New Personna German store-brand DE blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by feeltheburn, Aug 23, 2020.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I saw these at the BX and figured I'd give them a try. I usually like Personna blades. After using 4 blades, I'm really not a fan of them. I'm getting a lot of alum feedback from them even in my favorite razors that usually work well with about any blade I throw in them. So far, the first shave has been the best with progressively more irritation with every shave. I think I'm going to have to put the rest of the pack aside and maybe I'll come back to it later to give them another try at some point in the future. It's been a while since I felt a blade was bad enough that I didn't want to finish off the pack. Has anyone else tried them? Maybe the one pack I got just isn't a good example.

2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

3. feeltheburn

The package looks exactly the same as the Israeli Personnas but now says Made in Germany on the back. Sorry, I threw the package away when I opened them up.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

These are the only German Personna blades I know of. Are these the ones...............
    personna-platinum-razor-blades-germany__00435.1584373134.500.659.jpg

BigD likes this.
  5. feeltheburn

Those may be the same blades but the packaging is different. They're the usual store-brand dispenser just like @BigD linked above.

BigD likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

7. feeltheburn

I know the Dorco dispensers you're talking about and they're similar but these are definitely Personna dispensers. I think Personna's move from Israel to Germany was pretty well known but these are the first German blades I've seen in a store. Since they're only $1.49 at the BX I figured they were worth a try. Not so sure they are now but still willing to believe the one pack I got is a little sub par.